“Wonderful time! Would definitely go again!”

Inlet Point Plantation Stables
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The first thing I would say as a tip is: when you are trying to get to the stables, you go down a very long unpaved road...keep going, keep going, keep going. We thought we had made a wrong turn, but, the stables are at the very end.
We went during the hottest time of day, on one of the hottest days, yet, it wasn't unbearable. We took the beach ride. It was a little warm, yet the shaded ride to the beach kept us cool. Our guide was great! I think her name was Katie? Everyone was so friendly. It ended up being just our family(4 of us) and the guide. What a nice personal ride.
I agree with another reviewer....if you wear shorts, have a blanket to protect your legs. I wore capris and felt fine, but my son had shorts and his legs were a little sore.
Our guide was very friendly! She was very patient with our inexperienced riding. We trotted when we could, I'm sure if we wanted, we could have even done more. The beach was beautiful! All alone! No one around. Would have been fun to be able to get off the horses for a minute, but we were there for horseback riding, right? Met on the beach with their own personal photographer. It was nice that they provide that, yet, I don't really like feeling the pressure at the end to buy more things. (I didn't see the sign that said no loose items....I had my camera, and was taking pictures the whole time). I bought two pictures..I believe 50 bucks, but, it was one of our whole group on the beach, LOVE it.
They do seem to have a monopoly during the summer if you want to ride on the beach, no other horseback stables can be on the actual beach until September. This stable gets by this by actually owning the land that we rode on. So, this was a little pricey in my eyes, but, we loved every minute!
People were friendly! Free ice cream at the end while you look through your pictures. Plantation was beautiful...saw some deer on our ride.

6  Thank frmgrl21
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Inlet Point Plantation Stables

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Myself and 2 other women went on the experienced rider 3 hr beach ride. It started off with us arriving and waiting for about 15 min since we arrived at 8 am. ALWAYS try and do it in the morning! Soooo much cooler! Then they brought our horses out to us, we mounted up, met our tour guide Malory and headed out. It took us about 30-45 min to get to the actual ocean, but it was a beautiful ride to get there. If you do the experienced ride, make sure you can hang on at a full gallop! We were all on QH's while our guide was on a pacer, she flew and ours followed even if you tried to hold them back! It was fun running through the paths to the beach! Then we got to the beach and just took it in for awhile! You are allowed a cell w/ a camera, even though there is a sign in lobby stating no loose objects! And they don't care if you snap & record away! After we got passed the shock, she asked us if we wanted to run somemore, so we ran for about 10-15 min at a time. And those horses definitely GO! The only thing you need to watch for, other people said you can wear shorts/capris's so we did. But IF you DO NOT take a towel with you to put under your butt, your legs will get rubbed raw from all the galloping! If you are on a walk only, then you should be alright! But my legs got rubbed raw when my mare threw up sand while running. They do stop you at the far end of the beach to have a pro take pics. She will pull you out 1x1 to do individuals and them groups, then if you are not experienced, your guide will have you follow (at whatever pace your comfy with) and get action shots. Since we all were experienced we just galloped some more down the beach together while she drove on a UTV to take pics! After some more beach riding, you will make your way back, you HAVE to walk back (so horses dont get barn sour) and she took us a different way. We chatted with her the whole time and it was great! When you get back you go inside and get you pic of I've cream/pop sickles/etc. And as many as you want! The photographer will have your pics ready for you to look at and you can choose to buy them in many dofferent ways. She took almost 300 of us! And since we didnt get any action shots on our phones we decided to buy them all on a SD card. It was expensive ($200) but for us 3 to split, not that bad. Overal if was a lot of fun! The horses were well taken care of! It was $175 p/p for our ride, which we all worked odd jobs for a month to save up. If you have the $, I would definitely do this! It was really hot at the barn, but at the ocean it was nice and cool with the breeze! The longer the ride, the longer you get to be on the beach, we were there for over an hour and that was plenty!

3  Thank Cassi189
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We chose Inlet Point for one simple reason. This is the only place to ride horses and UTVs on the beach during tourist season. There are others that ride trails but we have those in Virginia. We wanted beach and weren't disapointed. Inlet Point is situated on an island and the beach is completely empty. It was a nice change from Myrtle.

We chose to do the whole experience which consisted of the horseride and a UTV ride. My wife has always wanted to horseride on the beach and she loved it. The horses are in great shape and are well mannered. They even had one large enough for me at 210 lbs. We rode on miles of trails and a good 1/2 hour on the beach. I was sore but I'm not a regular rider.

The UTV tour was great. They are currently using Polaris Ranger UTVs and ours was nearly new. We drove ourselves and loosly followed the guide. They allow you to drive as fast as you like and we hit a dozen or so mud holes and dunes. These are not golf cart trails. You will need the 4x4 many times. The ride on the beach was great. These things will hit 40+ on the hard sand. The beach has a ton of shells and we did not see a single person. My wife found some nice sand dollars.

The photographer takes pictures of both the horseride and the UTV ride. We bought a disc with pictures. There were hundreds of shots and good quality.

We will probably go back every year. It seems expensive but for a whole afternoon of fun you can't beat it. Where else can you drive a UTV wide open on the shore? It is a decent drive from Myrtle but its worth it to get away.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband and I decided to add a beach ride to our trip itinerary and it ended up being the best part of the whole trip. The pros: The affordability, the tour guide (Jason, wicked cool guy!), the kind staff, the clean, well-kept stables, the kind nature of the horses and the scenery. The cons: The photos you can purchase of your ride are EXPENSIVE! I think they border on "rip-off." I paid $91 (and I have no idea why I bothered) for 4 pictures sent to me via email. Ouch. Also, my horse Star, although sweet, was a little less than "sure-footed." She kept tripping in the sand, but luckily I had a lot of riding experience.

Overall, loads of fun and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We arrived to ride and there had been a mix-up regarding the ride we signed up for which was disappointing,HOWEVER,Mark was very apologetic and went above and beyond to make it right. What could have been a sour experience turned into a fantastic day for myself and my 14yr old daughter.We are experienced riders and enjoyed setting the pace with our charming guide Mallory. Our horses were pleasant mounts and the ride goes through different beautiful areas before the beach.The facility is clean and well-maintained as well as the care of the horses.If it wasn't for the price(costly but the only place for a beach ride in season),I'd go everytime we visit.

2  Thank kimkob1