“Bad Reception, Poor customer Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Evans, Georgia
“Bad Reception, Poor customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

I travel to Mrytle Beach often...It is my place for destressing..and I almost always have a positive experience. Unfortunately this time, I was met with the force of arrogant and hostile force of Crystal and crew. I was booked for an oceanfront room..they put me on the 17th floor...I asked if there was another room on a lower floor..Crystal told me no, without looking. I told her I had a phobia to that height, it didn't phase her...so I went to look at the room to see if I could go on the balcony....it was very uncomfortable...so I called the reservation site and was about to cancel, when she looked at the availability and told me there were other rooms on lower floors....I went back to the desk, and was treated as if I had done something wrong and was an imposition on their time..Crystal refused to wait on me and never apologized..not one of them apoligized..they retorted with, we let you sign in early....then they said they would have to charge me for going in the room..but later decided not to....I expected at least management to apologize..but that never came...They acted as if they were doing me a great favor... Please remind them..I was paying for that room. It was not a gift......

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

The Wyndham Resort was very nice. We had an ocean front view which was great. The next time I would choose a 2 bedroom because I do not like the layout of the 1 bedroom. It is not leisurely friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I recently had a chance to have a " Get Away Weekend " and my girlfriend wanted to go to the Myrtle Beach area ... ( she hadn't been there since she was a child ,, when she was about 10 yrs old ... and she wanted to see how it has changed , over the past 26 years ... !! )
I had been to the area several times on different occasions ... and I have really never been a real fan of the area .... But .. I wanted to make her happy ,, so I reluctantly agreed.
I was able to do a little research on hotels for that area on my computer and ran across an ad for the Towers at North Myrtle Beach … They had a Luxury Ocean Front 1 BR , Full Kitchen , with Washer / Dryer and Jetted Tub . for $51.00 a Night !! (That’s right ,,, OCEAN FRONT !! )
I looked at the photos and thought to myself ,, this is “Too Good To Be True …” I booked the room and when I arrived … I was completely shocked … The Room ( and the Hotel ) were far better than the web site had described … I was truly amazed !! “ I LOVED THIS PLACE !! “
It is by far… THE MOST ENJOYABLE STAY, that I have ever encountered … anywhere in the Myrtle Beach Area !!
Listen People ,, If you want an exceptional place to stay , to truly relax while enjoying the Myrtle Beach area .. Do Not Miss This Place !! I promise … You Won’t Be Sorry !!

My Thanks Again , to the Towers at North Myrtle Beach ,,, I will be back !!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

There were 3 families altogether in which we booked 3 separate rooms, 2 checked in at the same time and 1 an hour later. 1 of the 2 were offered gift cards and a tour of the resort and the other family wasn't. As the 2 families sat in the lobby awaiting for the other family, they noticed that everyone who checked in got the same offer and incentive that our first party did. That triggered the family that wasn't offered anything to go ask why? That family got the explanation that there are codes that was prompting the workers to offer that to people that were checking in, and that that code wasn't next to this family name. As our 3rd family checked in, they received the offer as well. The corporate office was contacted the next business day, but there really wasn't any explanation that they could give and all they could do was continue to apologize. I will never stay at Wyndham Resorts again due to this incident.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Belmont, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

I very much enjoyed the recent stay at Towers on the Grove. Yes, it is a time share and, yes, they do try to get you to attend an informational breakfast, but all you have to do is say no. They were not in the least pushy about it. My husband and I decided to stay for an extra day and they were very accommodating. The room was comfortable, except for the sofa. It is made of leather and is not very soft. I would warn people upfront that there is no daily cleaning service. This was not a problem for us, on the contrary, it was really refreshing not to have someone knocking on your door at an early hour. I would suggest that Wyndham's website be more clear about this because most people would be expecting daily cleaning. All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely go back for another visit.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple