“Yearly visit and worth the trip!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blockade Runner Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Myrtle Beach
Blockade Runner Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
mantua, nj
“Yearly visit and worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My trip was cut short this year due to the arrival of Hurricane Irene! Left for home mid week to await the damages back home. The stay here was a wonderful as each previous year with new little touches here and there. Michael is always smiling and welcoming upon arrival and sad to see us depart early! Love it here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank josie131
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family and I have stayed in this hotel for a long time (since I was a baby). I am now older so I was expecting something to be different. Yes, they have remodeled the rooms. They are nicer as I remember the last time I was there which was around 2 years ago. There where just a couple of things that I didn't enjoy (this may only pertain just to room #204) First, as we looked at the remodeled room, we thought this was very nice. Then we started to find things wrong. We do not know what was wrong with the bathtub but it seemed like there was water built up underneath were you stand. At first when I stood, I thought I was going to fall threw. Every time I took a shower I was holding myself up on the side.(no handles) They must have remodeled it and water built up underneath. The microwave did not work we found out after we tried to make popcorn. We found candy on the floor, that did not come from us. Every night you could hear people from up above you. At one point it sounded like they were jumping on the beds. (never had to call though cause it stopped at midnight). The doors are always the worst. Best thing for me was they had wireless internet service and it was free. But for the price, this is what you get. My mom said we were leaving that it is probably time to find another place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lifeisgood905
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

We were attending a wedding in Myrtle Beach in October, and booked a room online. We chose this hotel because it was close to the venue and it was the most affordable of any that we were looking through. We were very pleasantly surprised when we got to our room, it was immaculately clean, large, and had a great view of the ocean. We figured it would just be a place to sleep for a little while after the wedding festivities were over, but now we look forward to returning next time we go on vacation!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cctejeda
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

This is a basic motel. Our room was clean enough (Is any hotel room truly clean anymore?) and the view was excellent from our 5th floor balcony. Most the staff was pretty helpful and considerate although for some reason, housekeeping skipped cleaning our room one day. My three year old actually loved this place, but it wasn't quite up to par for my husband and I. If we had to stay there again, I'm sure we would have an O.K. time, after all we came there for the ocean, not a fabulous hotel room. But I think next time we will seek out a hotel with more amenities and upgrades.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Wanderluster79
Laurel, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of August and it was nice place. Its a very low cost motel with a nice pool and hot tub. Located right on the beach with a couple stores within walking distance. This motel is nothing fancy but it is my Dads first choice year round when he visits friends in the area. You cant beat the price for a room with a kitchenette and very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple