“Great (expensive) Food!!”

SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Port Dr
Description: SeaBlue Restaurant and Wine Bar is the finest restaurant on the Grand Strand, featuring Contemporary American cuisine rooted in classic French cooking technique. We aspire to be among the best restaurants in the country, using locally sourced ingredients and displaying five-star service to all our guests. We are proud of our many awards, #1 Restaurant in the Country in 2014 by OpenTable and Best of Award of Excellence 2012-2017 by Wine Spectator, just to name a few. As owners, Kenneth Norcutt and Tracy Smith are involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Our travels, extensive background, and passion for food and wine enable us to share our experiences with you in our small community of North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are a small family dedicated to an intimate culinary adventure, a playground for lovers of wine and fine cuisine. We invite you to Drink, Dine and Discover!
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Dined here for the first time. I have been coming to MB since I was a kid because my parents own several properties there.

Food: The food was great. We ordered the cheese tray to start. One of the most expensive cheese trays I've had ($21). But it was good. I had the grouper. What upset me (a little) is that I don't really like risotto so I asked the waitress if I could get the mashed potatoes instead of it. She said "no" VERY quickly. Followed by "we don't substitute." I've eaten at many restaurants of this caliber and price and I've NEVER heard of not being able to substitute. Usually when you're spending this amount the chef will cater to any needs you may have. So I had to order a side of mashed potatoes instead (additional $6 please). My boyfriend order the surf and turf. He enjoyed it. We didn't have dessert.

Drinks: Had a bottle of Savignon Blanc. Can't remember which. It was the $30 bottle. I wasn't a fan. We didn't finish the bottle (it was 2 of us). But we were able to take the remaining home.

Value: After tax and tip (18%) our bill totaled $213 for 2 people. That was an appetizer, bottle of wine, 2 entrees. and 2 sides (since we couldn't substitute a thing!) For much similar meals (if not at times better) we've only spent between $120-$150 for the exact same thing (minus the sides because the chefs WILL substitute whatever you'd like). So I do think this place is a tad on the pricey side. However, it's literally the only restaurant of this caliber in NMB or MB.

Overall Experience: The ambiance is nice. This is NOT "Myrtle Beach meets South Beach" as the website states. South Beach is much louder, fun and exciting. This is not. It's a normal restaurant with blue lights! The hostess first sat us at a HORRIBLE table. I think it was an outdoors table because it was different than every other table in the restaurant. The way the table was made we couldn't even slide our chairs all the way under because our knees would hit a bar that was on either side. So we asked to move. They moved us beside the fish tank which was neat.

I'd go back here, just not often!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We drove up to North Myrtle for the weekend from Charleston and were looking for a great local place....away from the throngs of us bleached and burnt tourists and kid friendly family traps. We based our selection on SeaBlue on the advice here on Trip Advisor and Open Table. Everyone else was right. It was the gourmet experience that we were hoping it was going to be!

Don't let the fact that it is in a strip mall location fool you. It truly is a hidden gem that we will be back to the next time we are here. Coming from Charleston we are used to high life fine dining and this was right on tap with some our favorites from a few hours down the road.

The menu is a local selection of what's fresh, what's local and what's in season. We had one of the best cheese plates ever...better than any we have had had in the bigger cities and bigger restaurants. The appetizers and the pre-dinner cocktails set the stage for an awesome main course. If the macadamia encrusted black grouper is available..... Get it!! We are both vegetarian/vegan and the chef was very accommodating to our diets.

The atmosphere is very modern, chic and trendy yet comfortable given their location. White table cloth service and the wait staff were fantastic. Attentive but not intrusive. The seating is New York style so you are close to your fellow diners but for us it adds to the intimacy of the dining experience.

The price is on the higher side of dining out. $35-$55 a person depending on what you order. We spent less here than we typically spend in Charleston for a meal that would have cost us twice as much back home.

Fine dining may be few and far between here in Myrtle Beach but SeaBlue is the one exception. Do yourself a favor and go. We even considered canceling our Ruth's Chris reservation for the next night and going back.

Thanks SeaBlue for a wonderful start to our weekend in MYB!

3  Thank Lowcounty_Eaters
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Everything is made on site, including the mustard. Steak was the best it can be. Wine was superb. dessert too good to pass on. A little pricey but worth it

2  Thank ALRG
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We tried this restaurant at the suggestion of friend who lives in the Myrtle Beach area. it is a very small restaurant (make a reservation), the food is delicious (we tried crab dip, grilled salad, shrimp and grits and prime beef), and the service is top notch. The variety of food offered on the menu would suit a wide range of budgets and tastes, and the wine list is extensive. We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank BusyTrips
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I visited for a special celebration night out. When I go to an upscale restaurant, I do not expect to see television screens in my view. I suggest they ditch the two TV's . The place is too small to have them in the bar without bothering the dinner patrons. We had a reservation for 5:30 on a Friday and were the third party of the night but seated right next to another table. This also did not make our night being special. I love the fish tank and there is a lovely table for two right in front of it, but we were not allowed to choose a table. Ask for that table or a booth if you reserve.
I agree with a previous review that a small salad should be added to each entree considering the prices for the entrees. I would have ordered a salad, but only one was offered without meat added.
We do not eat meat, but if you do they had a large variety of entrees. I ordered the grouper with string beans and lobster risotto. It was $30 and very very good. My husband ordered the cod with french fries and string beans and he said it was salty, which when I tasted it, I agreed. The server was excellent and the manager came around to talk to us. My husband would never complain about a meal. I would return for apps and sit by the fish tank, but my husband would not return. It still was a special anniversary meal for me, but it could have been a better experience if we had a better table (there were plenty empty ones) and the TV was off and my husband's fish wasn't salty.

2  Thank SeeourUSA