“Superb location, AWESOME prices, outstanding amenities!”

Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Mesa, Arizona
“Superb location, AWESOME prices, outstanding amenities!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My family (me, my wife, and her elderly parents: 75 and 80) chose this location as our affordable "option" to take her parents to visit Charleston. They'd never been "to the South" and wanted to see Charleston but being on a fixed income, the downtown locations were a tad too expensive.

Did we discover a "gem in the rough" here!!!

The location is superb; you're only about 10 - 15 minutes from the heart of "Old Charleston" and all of the wonderful historic sights, as well as the varied restaurants, attractions, and of course, the shopping! And my in-laws took ALL of that in and were amazed!

The hotel? The rooms are spacious, comfortable (my father-in-law is 6'5" tall...he's always complaining about bed sizes) and the beds earned a "Big Thumbs UP" from my wife's father!! The area the hotel is in is easily accessible to "fast food" if that is your desire, however...you're not more than 15 minutes MAX from the finest Charleston has to offer!!

And in the morning, FORGET heading out looking for Denny's, Waffle House, or anything like that...this Hyatt has a "complimentary breakfast" that will rival most any breakfast you're looking for! It's complete, hearty, and the staff are all over the place attending to your desires/needs. Again, the family highly complimented everyone. Also...unlike most places, this Hyatt will prepare foods for you 24/7 if you ask. They have an "all day/night" menu...no, it's not "Steak, Ribs, etc..." but it's good and wholesome and will fit any "late night munchies" you want!!

No review is complete without a comment on service. For the LARGE majority of our stay, the service was superb! We did have one incident that had the potential to very negatively impact my in-laws vacation.

BUT...that did NOT happen as the managerial staff, specifically the General Manager (she's a superb lady) stepped in and took care of the situation and with far more attention than I expected! I can't speak highly enough of her. And as she's that good, it must be the reason her staff is so attentive to your needs: she sets the tone of "Customer FIRST!!!"

I HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center! We'll be returning (my in-laws fell in love with Charleston and want to come back to see more, some of the restivals, etc!) and when we do, THIS IS OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!

Choose this Hyatt; you'll be glad you did!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is a great place to stay if you want to avoid the ridiculously high prices of downtown Charleston. You are also literally steps away from a huge Tanger Outlet shopping mall, as well as tons of restaurants and so on. You are driving distance from Isle of Palms (gorgeous! a must see).
The hotel service was EXCELLENT. The girls at the front desk were incredible. They have very good muffins for around 2.00-- give them a try!
The bed was comfortable- a little soft for my taste but that's personal opinion- and the TV was great- big flat screen with easy to access plug ins for your Wii, DVD, Playstation, etc.- so bring that! We wish we had brought our Xbox once we saw that.
My only complaint was in the lobby, and much fainter in the room, was a air-freshener spray like they have some automatic glade spray or something. It was overpowering to me. BUT, I am pregnant. However, I normally do not like scents like that. However, my husband loved the scent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I travelled by myself for a little mini vacation and I wanted a good hotel and a good price. Well, the Hyatt Place near the Charleston Airport exceed my expectations. It was absolutely lovely. I plan to return for Memorial weekend and I will definitely stay here again. The room was immaculate, the location is safe and quiet, shopping and restaurants are only minutes away. Moreover, the hotel is only 10 minutes from the historic district of Charleston.

Room Tip: I requested a room on a high floor. I was given a room on the 5th floor on the back side of the hot...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Huntersville
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My three sons and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Charleston Airport Hotel for two days. The hotel is about 8 miles from downtown Charleston and the price was right. The hotel is beautifully decorated with modern furnishings. The rooms are huge with separate living and sleeping areas. My kids loved the large flat screen HDTV and hot breakfast. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we return to Charleston, I'll be sure to stay at Hyatt Place. We got a big bang for our buck.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cary, NC
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is our second stay here for the Cooper Bridge Run. The staff is friendly, the rooms are modern and clean, and location is great if you want to be near the airport.

• Stayed April 2011