“Church Outing ”

Old McDonald Fish Camp
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Our church decided to go as a group on the 21st to enjoy the food and atmosphere. The food is always good, I got the fried shrimp and my husband got all you can eat fried catfish. Very generous portions and the grits are so creamy and delicious! The fried pickles were fresh and hot I loved the spicy sauce that came with the pickles so much I dipped my shrimp in it to give them a kick! We found out that the 3% discount for paying with cash no longer applies like the website states. I have been eating here since the early 80’s and the food is always good and fresh.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Guaranteed you'll enjoy this place. Unique venue. Great menu, mostly seafood. Free, all you can eat hushpuppies. Lots of great tasting food for moderate prices. You need to give this place a try.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Frankly, I am shocked at some of the less than excellent ratings. This is our favorite place for seafood. We have never been unhappy and if there is anything that is not right, they are very quick to correct it. I have never had cold food or bad tasting anything. My favorite is the catfish and oysters. This is about the only place I will eat oysters. They have an all you can eat hush puppy and grits bar but BE CAREFUL! The grits are the best you have ever eaten and you can overfill your stomach and not be able to eat your main course. Yes, most of the time there is a long wait because it is a very popular place to eat but they have a lot of seating for waiting and the dining area is pretty big so most of the time the wait isn't more than 30 minutes. Just plan on waiting so you won't be aggravated or go very early before it gets too busy. We try to be there right when it opens. Yes, a little pricey but, to me, worth it because it is something we all look forward to. And it is a little out of the way, but don't let that stop you. The atmosphere is great, too.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered the small catfish fillet. It was ok, I have cooked better myself. Leaves a greasy taste in your mouth. Others were not impressed with their Low County Boil or fried gator. WAY OVERPRICED!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Really good Seafood and Large Portions. We usually order the small plates because after the Amazing you can eat hushpuppies and grits we about full. There is also a little pet zoo area where you can throw food to animals that little children can enjoy. Only reason for 4 Stars sometimes waitresses can be a little slow.