Island Vista
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cabana Shores Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Forest Dunes Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
St. John's Inn(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
The Mermaid Inn(Myrtle Beach)
Arbor-Dry Dock(Myrtle Beach)
1,393 results
All reviewscypress roomtiki hutlazy riverocean fronta quiet residential areaparking garagebreakfast and dinnerother hotelsrocking chairsliving roomfull kitchenpool areathree bedroomhotel restaurantwasher and dryerbeautiful resorthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just got back from an incredible 4 day stay at the Island Vista in Myrtle Beach. This hotel is phenomenal. Had a 1 bedroom condo with lots of room. Housekeeping staff kept it spotless. Had in-room spa treatment - I highly recommend it - price was excellent and quality of treatment outstanding. Dinner at Cypress Room was superb. Staff gave excellent advice for other restaurants to try. Already planning next years trip!!!!!

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront condo rather than an oceanview room, for the few extra dollars - the view is worth it!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RivieraLady
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here with my wife from 8-12 March. We had a standard one bedroom oceanfront room reserved. During check-in, my wife informed the front desk that I was home from Afghanistan on R & R leave. The nice lady at the front desk (can't remember her name), upgraded us to what she called a "1 Bedroom Penthouse Suite". Couldn't thank her enough. The real surprise came when we opened the door to the monsterous room. It wasn't a 1 bedroom, it was a 3 bedroom! And not only was it at PH suite, but it was a corner room! Extra privacy. We caught up with her again on our way out that night to thank her a thousand times more.

Island Vista is a great hotel. Well maintained, well equipped rooms, friendly staff, huge pool area, and outstanding restaurant (fresh seafood and amazing Shrimp and Grits). The hotel is situated close enough to night life (13$ cab ride to Broadway), but far enough away from other properties that the beach is not crowded and relaxing. (We've also stayed here during peak beach season, and the beach was the same).

The only negative I have is: The parking garage is a little difficult to navigate. It's tight. If full, you'll reach the top and find that there isn't a built in turn-around area. You'll have to back out or turn around Austin Powers style in order to try the other garage. I really didn't care to be honest, because I was at the beach with my wife and not in Afghanistan. Just thought I'd mention it as a heads up.

Room Tip: They're all great. Most, if not all, are ocean-front. And they really are ocean front, with no obstructions for your sunrise viewing pleasure. I'd recommend high floors and away from the elevators in the center, but just a personal preference.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray J
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We booked this hotel for a short spring break trip with the family and where not disappointed. Our double bedroom suite was large, well equipped (3 TVs - although who wants to watch TV with the beach right outside) and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has an indoor pool (which we didn't have to use since we lucked out and had beautiful weather), two outdoor pools (heated) and a hot tub. Everything is well taken care of. The hotel is located in a more residential neighborhood and the beach doesn't feel crowded at all. Still you are close to everything if you want to enjoy the rest of what Myrtle Beach has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KQH2011
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We recently spent March break at this hotel and got a very good deal on a three bedroom, three bathroom ocean front suite. The rooms have laundry facilities in the room so you are able to go home with clean clothes, also a full kitchen so you can save money by cooking as many meals as you want. There isn't a kettle or tea pot so we boil water in a pot and bring our own tea pot. This is our third time at Island Vista. The people are very friendly and the place is very clean. Housekeeping comes every day and cleans all the rooms. Our only complaint is the pool temperature. The outside pools are not heated and the indoor pool is cool. Too cold for me to swim but my sons do. The fitness room is small but adequate. The on site restaurant is very good and they do a meal plan if interested.

Room Tip: We had the sixth floor which was the top floor of the parking garage. This made it very easy to unload our luggage and go out for the day. Also we took our Ram Dodge truck and my husband had no issues with it in the parking garage.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gillandjohn4
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Every room is facing the ocean. It's quite an experience to watch the sunrise over the water and then go for a leisurely walk on the beach. We have stayed in both a room and a suite. For a stay of more than a night or two, i would recommend the suite. We were there for five nights and the facilities (full kitchen, living room, dining area ) made things more comfortable in the suite.
My husband and I would definitely return .

Room Tip: A suite for a longer stay is recommended. All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family