Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
US$ 214
  • Pool
US$ 242
US$ 214
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 87
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
Orbitz.com
US$ 160
US$ 129
Priceline
All reviewsocean frontshort walk to the beachawesome staythe past yearsgreat vacationunitscondoupgradesjacuzzi
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The main reason I chose this place was for the location. We needed to be within walking distance to a certain place. The area was beautiful, the pool and beach were right there and the place was quiet and private. The buildings were really apartments that people live in so you don't feel like your staying in a hotel at all which is both good and bad. The good part is more privacy, the bad part is that any help you need with the place is a phone call and drive away. It also is not a fancy or classy place which would have been fine for a nice family vacation, but worse than that was the smell!! I can still smell the musty mildewy odor of the place. It wasn't just my apartment. It was the entire building. After the first night of sleeping there I was going to call and ask to switch to another room, but I took a walk to all 5 buildings to see which might be a better one, and they all had the same smell. I think that besides for must and mildew the smell may have been due to the bug spray they use? I remember that smell from an old Brooklyn apartment building. Needless to say there were a few really big bugs, there was one dead one right when you walked into one of the rooms when we arrived so how did the cleaning crew not see that? I don't think they got the place ready for us much other than turning on fridge and central air, it looked dusty, the air conditioning vent in one of the rooms was closed, the fridge didn't get cold yet. After living in it a day or two (we were there four nights) and cooking, the place smelled and worked a little better, but the main shower never got fixed.
The front desk at forest dunes was a little difficult to deal with depending on who you spoke with. Sometimes they responded right away to our needs, other times they didn't.
If this place was summer camp it would have been ok. But for the price of some of the hotels we stayed at in Florida (for example of another beachfront property) it was very poor. I would have gone back to Florida if not for the zika virus. I'm glad I tried something new and had fun anyway, but will be unlikely to go back. We stayed in A110.

1  Thank Devotraveler
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Labor day weekend so i didnt have much of a choice elsewhere. Stayed here some years ago so thought maybe it was still decent and maybe updated by now. Boy was i wrong. Rude receptionist, very dirty and dusty villas, kitchen filthy and the shower was dirty with mold and mildew, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Front office doesn't return any calls for any feedback or issues you have so they know its a dirty and trashy place, they're in on it. Save your money and go to Ocean Creek Resort or Kingston Plantation, those are some real villas. I decided to leave the 1st day without even staying in the room and still had to pay for 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank P970VRmikec
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with son, daughter in law and grand children.. We love it here, it's right on the beach, but not in the crowded area, so the beaches aren't so packed that you can actually have fun and run around and play.. A monthly stay every year, and sometimes in the winter for a couple getaway... Love love love this place!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2016

No empathy from management or customer service representatives at property for a filthy, dusty, rusty "villa". This place have been like this for some time. It did not get like this over night. Mold on shower curtain in second bath, stained shower in master bath with mold around shower, dead roaches/insects, and mold in other places as well. Which means the property website pictures are a lie/joke. My family and I came for a weekend (Friday - Sunday) getaway and we spent Saturday morning until late afternoon just to get moved from this location to a "Resort".

We were not...I repeat NOT the only family complaining to management that day about the same things and had to be moved. NEVER AGAIN will I reserve/book anything through this property/affiliates (Sands Resorts/Ocean Dunes, Ocean Forest Villas, and all there names listed on the directory as affiliates).

They actually need complimentary gift cards/certificates for breakfast on deck, provide refund, and something else in addition to relocation for the inconvenience. That time of hearing the blame game, saying someone from housekeeping is coming who never came to clean, and blah blah blah was foolisheness. It was time taken out of my family day for something that should have never happened to anyone.

NOTE TO SELF...I SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE PREVIOUS REVIEWS LIKELY!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Kagoha M
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

The best part was the office ppl help to rectify the situation but the stay was horrible. The bathrooms were not cleaned, hair was on the floor, stains in the shower, shower curtain liner corrosion of mold n dirt, food left in freezer, floors not swept n mopped, the fans had almost an inch of dust on them and between the doors and I had to call for the bathrooms to be cleaned just to take a shower. Then called the next day bc the housekeeper didn't complete the job. They credited us 1 day stay out of a 7 day stay but I felt more should have been done.