All reviews short walk to the beach home away from home view from the balcony laundry room house keeping pools and hot tubs great vacation condo ocean upgrades balconies
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I have stayed at this place 5xs and have only got a good room 2xs . I called last year when we didn't have water for 2 days and the manger Sandy gave me a discount on my room . She promised if we gave them another chance this year we would get a nice discount on the room and that she would make sure our room was updated and very nice !
This is what we walked in to this year so I called the manger and he said he would move me to another room but mine was rated higher at a b+ and the other room was rated b. So I said no I would like a refund on my room and he said NO !
The refrigerator froze all of our food .

Room E 308

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank carlm04
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Booked online through an online booking company on our way to our last minute beach weekend. We got there, had to go to The Sands registration about 7 minutes away, and they still didn't have our reservation yet, should be about another 20 minutes..... Checked again and still no info yet, walked around at the Sands Resort amenities and kept coming back to check and nope, not yet, they said they tried calling the company. After about 8:15 on Friday evening, just as I was about to cancel my reservation, behold, it was ready......
Got to the room exhausted after driving all day, it was a top floor so no heavy footsteps overhead, and what a workout it was to find our way through the maze of closed fire doors which the halls smelled like urine, only to finally find our room and it was a hot 90 degree room with wall units. Kids room had NO A/C but a wall vent/fan to suck air from the kitchen to the bedroom. So they slept on the hide a bed in the living room and at this point it was 9:20 pm so too late to just go dig my feet in the sand in the dark... Horrible urine smell which was a rotten urine covered suitcase left in the closet starting to mold, the door frame looked as if the unit had been broken in to, the ac unit in our room was sitting on the unit so we removed it so it didn't fall off overnight. The floors were gritty but I thought it was sand between the tiles, nope it was SAND on an unclean floor. On the day of checkout there was black mildew on the sheet, I was looking to check for bedbugs not mildew sheets.. The only good part was the ocean view and breeze, but you had to turn off the wall units to sit on the balcony because of the heat coming off of them. 3rd floor is best views but 1st and 2nd floors you might have better luck and enjoy them more......

Room tip: Pick 1st and 2nd floors for better A/C issues, not to mention steps since there are no elevators.....
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank happyloved199
Reviewed 5 June 2016

The outside of the Building was very nice. Grounds were nice & Appears updated. Parking lot was filled with cars from what we assumed to be Resort Patrons. When we got in the resort we had a different feeling. The outside and inside of the Resort looked like two different places. In the Common areas, such as the walk ways they were wall to wall Wood Paneling. No Decor, Nothing decorative to look at. No flowers, no furniture, no wall hangings. There was nothing to show they take pride in their building. Empty desolate hallways. Very Quiet, I almost felt like we were the only ones in the building, not even the sounds of conversation or TV's could be heard. Screen doors looked like GIANT Window Shutters. Front door was Filthy. Once inside we were hit with a Musty moldy smell. I'll go out on a limb and say its because it was just shut up and hasn't been used in a while. It was obvious that it wasn't cleaned prior to our visit. Ceiling fans covered in Thick Dust. Refrigerator was completely filthy. Multiple unknown stains on the inside. Beds appears to have been slept in before we got there. We didn't want to sit down, much less stay. Checked right after. Was assured Refund would be issued 3-5 days, Now over a week later I still don't have my money and can' get anyone to return call or email.

Date of stay: May 2016
3  Thank kswilliams78
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I came down the weekend before memorial day and I couldnt have had a better stay! My room was spacious and very accommodating for my family and I. Staff was very nice and friendly. Despite the bike week festivities and occasional roaring of a harley on ocean blvd my stay was very peaceful!!! I plan to stay here again on my next trip to Myrtle Beach!!!!

Room tip: Ocean front corner rooms are the best!!!!
Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

They were running a special - a 2 bedroom condo for $99/night. We stayed 3 nights and had a blast. The proximity to the water it's awesome. The only problem was house keeping, who came at 3 in the afternoon. This was my second time here, and the first time housekeeping came earlier and cleaned a lot better, but it was ok.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple