Message from TripAdvisor:

“So Disgusting, I was homesick!!!!”

Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lexington
“So Disgusting, I was homesick!!!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent the first day and a half cleaning on my condo, located in Building B, room 336, so that I could feel somewhat comfortable sleeping there! The first night I rolled over in bed and see a dried "booger" on the wall. My husband nor I could sleep due to the disgusting smell of the sheets and the fact that the bed squeaked loudly! My daughter wanted to take her shoes off but she refused because she said the carpet felt "greasy". It was gross, none of us took our shoes off the whole time! The shower handles had black wet funk all over them and in the cracks of the surround. The baseboards were caked with dust, hair, etc. I tried to vacuum but the smell of vomit filled the air when you turned the vacuum on. The furniture in the living room had dried funk on them. The kitchen utensils were rusted. Next to the last night we were guests,I sat down to use the restroom and I look over to my left and see a huge roach crawling in my tub!! I contacted the manager, Joy,twice and each time she turned this into a "me" issue and asked me why I hadn't notified her sooner. I called her the next day around noon after I had slept in the condo one night and seeing my "gift" on the wall. I was too busy washing sheets!! The second time I called was first thing in the morning as soon as the office opened at 9 am. I was disconnected three times. I tried another extention and was told that they were busy and I should try back later. I called back that afternoon when I returned from my vacation. I notified Joy that there was a visible roach and once again she was irritated at the fact that I hadn't called her sooner because that late in the day on a Friday she couldn't get pest control out until the following Monday morning. It is not my responsibility to assist in property management. My purpose was to tend to my children and enjoy vacation. It is my hope that the owner of this unit see my review and address this issue!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank My3Girls18106
good2bt4, at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We will address each matter accordingly so that other guest do not experience the discomfort that you have experienced. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Gated, very helpful service, would carry luggage anywhere for me. Lovely unit, lots of amenities, meticulously cared for grounds...pools, tennis, gyms. Nice place. Rented directly from owner on VRBO, lovely well cared for unit. Dont hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tara911
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you very much for your stellar review of Myrtle Beach Resort. We are proud of our ammenities and reviews such as yours are exactly what we strive for and love to hear! I do hope that you will return to visit again and would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your positive experience with others. It is sadly far too often that only bad experiences are shared by guests who may not have had such an excellent experience. We hope to continue to be your #1 destination when visiting the Myrtle Beach area.
Eau Claire
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Big resort with lots of amenities, but poor on the customer service. We had a room in the tower that overlooked "RV Land." Room was very small, AC unit leaked on the carpet. We let property management know and they told us it would be repaired. It was not. We asked again and they said it would be fixed and housekeeping would clean up. Housekeeping never showed up. AC drip was repaired but it was still very loud. We asked to be moved, but were told that because we booked through a discounted online website, we could not be moved. And after the less than satisfactory customer service, they wanted us to listen to their sales pitch for time share. Wow!

Room Tip: Stay out of tower. If you insist on tower, pick ocean facing rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank zaksmac13
LOVENWORKN, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
On behalf of Myrtle Beach Resort I would like to thank you for your stay, as well as apologize for any unpleasant occurrences that happened while you were here. As there are many different Management companies that have inventory within Myrtle Beach Resort, I can only speak for OUR office, as we are the Premiere ONSITE Rental Office, MBRV (Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations). We, as a company, are not at all affiliated with any Timeshare Promos directly, although some are. I hope that in the future you would give us a chance to make your stay a pleasant one and give our company the opportunity to provide you with first class customer service. As we are located here at the resort, it is often confusing to guests that we can only provide services or solutions to our managed units. It is the desire of the resort that ALL stays be pleasant and fun, as that is what vacations are all about. Thank you for your feedback, and it is our hope that we, at MBRV, may here from you in the future so that you may have a higher level of input into your next stay. Best wishes!

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Myrtle Beach Resort is a Nice Oceanfront Resort ranging from Studios to 3 Bedroom Condos. The Tower is my favorite with the oceanfront studio rooms, bright and cheerful, some even sleep 6 with the murphy bead. It is quiet, has a lazy river and childrens play area. There are indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.
The Myrtle Beach Resort being in Surfside, SC is close to everything and yet away from the heavy traffic during peak season.
Some of the units need upgrading, however each one we have stayed in has been clean and comfortable. Looking for a great place to stay that won't leave you broke when it is time to go home, then this is it!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is great, oceanview is at a side angle. Courtyard is just that, it looks out on a courtya...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna V
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Donna V,
Wow! Thank you so much for such an accurate and stellar review of our resort! I could not have described it better myself, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave this review so that future guests can have the facts on what we have to offer prior to booking.
Hopefully we will see you again soon and we look forward to helping make great memories for you and your family for many years to come!
Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This resort is huge. You have a choice to rent a condo responding your needs ( outside view, value, floor e.t.). Generally, this is resort for budget families with different age kids. There are many swimming pools, so you can use the closest one, traditional water attractions, like endless river, fountains, baby pools. Junior kids can use volleyball court and musics cafe -club.
Make sure that the size of resort gives you some problems. First of all, the ocean beach is crowd. The way to the beach could be considered as long from some condos, 12 minutes under direct sunshine on asphalt or sometimes people use a long way inside condo buildings. This is the open ocean beach, so you salt water bathing strongly depends on the weather.
Nevertheless, i recommend you to go where once just to try. It can be good for you, especially known, that Myrtle Beach area is a great place to visit, has a lot of attractions cover all your needs.

Room Tip: of cause rooms near the ocean are better
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2017