All reviews ocean front across the street outdoor pool living room oceanview room parking garage is pools and hot tubs dvd player lounge chairs condo fireplace boardwalk
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The condo was nice for the price. It was a short walk to the beach. The condo could use updating & a larger TV in living room. We had an issue with our key card & when I went to the front service desk & was rudely told that I rented through an private owner & needed to contact them. She also told me it wasn't her problem. She was extremely rude. I contacted Hosteeva but never got an answer. We were locked out on the second night & had to wait for someone to come out to get in the door for the elevator. Finally on the last night I spoke to the HOA manager & she came in & made me a new key card. It took 2 days to get clean towels and wash clothes after requesting them. The peep hole on the door was missing & you could see straight into our room so we had to stuff toilet paper in it. This was the first time & last time booking through Hosteeva. I spoke with the building manager when we were leaving & he gave me his business card so I could book directly through Hotel next time. If I decide to go back I will book directly through a hotel or condominium. It's not worth the small savings because you have to take your trash to the dumpster which is across the street in the parking garage & any problems you have to try to get ahold of the company you rented through. So if you are planning a trip to Mrytle Beach I highly recommend knowing ALL the fine print when making your reservation!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AngieWear
Benjamin G, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

AngieWear,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Meridian Plaza with Hosteeva. I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your keys cards and not being able to get in touch with anyone. If you would like to book again please call the property directly as we have on site staff to take care of any requests you may have.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

My room was old, rusted, peeling and outdated. No modern anything. Curtains were ripped. Housekeeping never showed up
Door keypad was rusted and old
Room furniture was outdated
Elevators were disgusting

Tltalbert1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Meridian Plaza as we value all guest feedback. The on site rental company does not use keypads on the door so you may have rented through and off site rental company. I apologize about the issues you experienced while on vacation and I hope this doesn't deter you from reserving at the Meridian Plaza again. I am excited to announce that the entire building is scheduled to be updated in the Fall of 2018. Thanks again for your time and I hope you have a great week!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed the Meridian Plaza for a beach getaway. We rented to condo's; one for my wife and I and one for my in-law's. The units were clean and the service was good from housekeeping and the front desk. My only negative comment is that there should be standards set for the condo owners to provide certain minimums, so that every unit has, as a minimum, the same items.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Benjamin G, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide the positive review from your recent stay at the Meridian Plaza. We love to hear when guests enjoy their vacation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We called a day ahead of time to check our reservation and they couldn't find us and directed us to expedia. After spend what felt like forever it was settled and a simple computer error. When we arrived to check in the person at the desk was very friendly and our apartment was beautiful and fit our large family of 2 adults and 4 children. One night our son and his wife stayed with us and we were still able to make it work. The walls are a little thin so it was easy to hear people slamming doors and whatnot from beside and above us but once we became acclimated it wasn't a big deal. There are plenty of close stores and restaurants as well as what I consider the best putt putt course in Myrtle Beach. For years my family vacationed in North Myrtle but I don't have any issue with staying in the busier Myrtle proper.

Abigail U,

Thank you for taking the time to provide the positive review from your recent stay at the Meridian Plaza. I do apologize about the issue with the reservation you booked with Expedia but I am pleased to hear it was taken care of and you were able to enjoy your vacation. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

My family decided to go down to Myrtle Beach a day early and since I couldnt get into our resort that I booked for the week and wanted to surprise my daughters so I looked up which hotels that where Ocean front and the cheapest and this one was pretty cheap so I got it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Benjamin G, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dryancon36.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Meridian Plaza. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to come to Myrtle Beach a day early and surprise your daughters. We hope to see you again soon!