New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #76 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Newport, Tennessee
“Another Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is not our first trip to the Landmark Resort, and it will not be the last.
This place has it all! The beach, pools, lazy river, hottubs, putt-putt.
The only time we left was for meals.
It was a great stay!

Room Tip: Ocean View is cheaper, but you still see the ocean.
2 Thank Jimmy D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Arabic first
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

1. As soon as we arrived I noticed my shoes STUCK to the all tile floor in every room, and after checking my white socks later after unpacking, they were BLACK from all the dirt on the floors!
It was my family's 1st trip to Mryrtle Beach and our 10th wedding anniversary, so we were hoping it would be special, but...
2.The room smelled MUSTY & SMOKY and gave me reason to wipe a lot down with clorox wipes myself. Especially the TOILETS which smelled like urine and had CRUSTY URINE BUILDUP UNDER the seat! Disgusting!
3.Then my husband checked the balcony and both the cheap plastic seats were BROKEN/UNUSABLE and dangerous for my 2-yr old to climb on. Then when we sat at the kitchen table it almost fell down- it was BROKEN TOO!
4. It took my husband calling THREE TIMES to have someone come fix the table and replace the chairs.
5. Our SHEET WAS STAINED with brown smears so we removed it and called for housekeeping, but THEY ONLY TOOK IT AND LEFT THE BED WITHOUT A SHEET AND MADE THE BED ANYWAY!
6. There was no Do Not Disturb sign in our room, so the very 1st morning housekeeping knocked VERY LOUDLY at 9:00am (After we arrived late the night before from a 12 hour trip) and since we were sleeping I didn't answer the door, so she just WALKED IN!
7. Our REFRIGERATOR was FULL OF WATER THAT LEAKED ALL OVER THE FLOOR. It leaked all over our food and onto the floor all week.
8. Then another housekeeping person knocked loudly and BARGED IN and asked if our room had dark cabinets that she needed to check their color!??
9. We made the mistake of trying the restaurant and they forgot our drinks, and food took so long to come out (even though they had 2 people total eating there) we had to box it up and take it to-go. HORRIBLE SERVICE, she never apologized for our wait and forgotten drinks, and the many mistakes with our order.
10. BROKEN GLASS on the pool floor where people were supposed to be barefoot!
11. THEN, THE LAST STRAW was they DEACTIVATED our room key and we were LOCKED OUT with all our stuff and our 2-yr. old.! When we asked a worker in the hallway to help us, he said there's NOTHING HE CAN DO, and we had to go 6 floors down to the front desk to get help!
DO NOT STAY HERE! WE WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: "Dirty and horrible service"
3 Thank Julia M

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Our family came to this facility for our bi-annual family reunion. If it were not for the joy of being with families from all over the U.S.-- we would have ran out of there! Rooms are outdated, elevators stayed wet with water, rusty hardware in bathroom, grout in tile dirty, pools are average, area behind pull down bed unclean, shower heads are not water saving and hurt! Old style mats hanging over tub--these harbor germs. Exercise room has no circulation or WATER. Dark and drab hallways, and on lower level I saw huge roaches crawling on cement banister. Our catered events were fine, but my son sat in a chair where there was leak in the ceiling(Sea View Room). Only good thing about this hotel was walking along the beach. Go somewhere with a much higher ranking on trip advisor.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Carmelux
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was real upset that they required a $100 cash security deposit even though we put half on our card. We basically had little cash for food that night and when we explained that at midnight more funds would transfer to our account the manager (who was very rude) said it didn't matter and we could not check in. Later I fell in the parking garage because of water. I layed there for 15 minutes before anyone showed up. I will say that once someone did show up, they were very helpful. At one point I saw huge cock roaches around the pool area. Plus the beds were not very comfortable. I liked the pools and the access to the beach. Before this last visit, my family had stayed at the Landmark for years but I cannot say I will be back. Too many things went wrong for such a short visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Dunked
NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was my first trip to this resort and my last. Our room was not ready at 4 for check in due to housekeeping.Once we did get in around 4:30 our keys had to be reprogrammed. So that was another trip to wait in line at the front desk.
My beach bag was searched because the staff thought I had a cooler at the pool. Security was courteous but proved I did not have a cooler. I also felt you should be allowed to have coolers. Kids need to drink in hot weather.
We had to call housekeeping to get service.
Front desk was rude.
Accommodations were not nice for what we paid. I have stayed much nicer places for less money. I felt the layout of the pools was unorganized and inconvenient.
The staff across the street was excellent. But I would not recommend this motel.

1 Thank Shannon C