Landmark Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Waikiki Village(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Summer Sands Motel(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Wave Rider Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Palace Resort(Myrtle Beach)
Beachwalk Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Cabana Inn(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Twilight Surf Motel(Myrtle Beach)
3,555 results
All reviewscovered walkwaylazy riverputt puttmini golfpools and hot tubsparking deckan older hotelfamily vacationoff seasonoceanfront roomwater parkview of the oceanfull kitchenlatitudedjhurricaneblast
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in an area that is very sketchy and appears to be dangerous. Very ghetto. Hotel staff is not very courteous and lazy. The rooms are gross, when we used the bathroom sink, the kitchen sink would fill up with sewage and release the most terrible smell I have ever smelt. The place really needs a full renovation, the photos are obviously of when the hotel first opened! Beware and hopefully you have a concealed weapons permit so that you can walk to your car after dark. I will never stay again, in fact I left early.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Albking
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your stay with us. We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable time during their visit, so it is very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
I am also sorry if you were not pleased with the area. We are located on the south end of Myrtle Beach near many family attractions. We have many loyal guests who visit the area often and always choose us as their vacation destination.
We appreciate your feedback and I hope that you and your family can accept our apologies for the disappointment you encountered. If you decide to visit Myrtle Beach again we hope that you will have a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

When ever my family or friends speak of going to Myrtle Beach for vacation or for a fun weekend, it is unspoken and always understood to mean to mean a stay at the Landmark. It has everything you need right there, no need to leave, a restaurant, a pub, a grill, a convenient store, pools, hot tubs, two lazy rivers, indoor and outdoor, and not to mention the fabulous rooms with great views and kitchens. The secure parking deck and direct entry in the hotel through a walk over the boulevard was always a favorite of the children in the family, and me too. :) The staff is always friendly and accomodating. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I stayed so much I knew most of the staff by name and they knew mine. I am sad to say now I have chosen a second career of nursing and it does not pay as well nor allow for a lot of time to have fun. However, the Landmark is my place to go. I cannot recommend a place any higher than Landmark especially for families and friends out for fun.

Room Tip: If you have more than 4 I recommend the oceanfront suite with two bathrooms. Even when just me and my best friend goes we get the suite. I have yet to stay in penthouse but plan on it. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Debbie D
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

We appreciate you and your family choosing the Landmark during your visits to Myrtle Beach. We are so glad that you are able to enjoy all of our amenities while you are here. It is also good to hear that our staff is always accommodating and friendly. We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit again in the near future. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experiences at the Landmark.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was our first, and our last stay at Landmark Resort. First let me tell you how rude and incosiderate the front desk staff was when we FIRST got there. My husband and I drove down from North Carolina with our 1 1/2 year old daughter during a pretty bad rain storm. We got there around 9:30pm only to be told we had to go park across the street and carry everything to our rooms. I've never stayed at a hotel where they didn't have something you can put your bags on. Do they realize how many bags you have for a 1 1/2 year old? We also had her pack and play. So we carried everything into our 1st room. Start to settle in and notice that there is DRY WALL all over the bed, floor, and couch. Yeah, no. Not having it. We called and they expected us to move everything downstairs, then move everything back to our new room. My husband specifically asked if they were downgrading our rooms. They told us no, which in fact was a lie. They downgraded us from a really nice, updated, redone room to something that looked like it was pulled out of the 90s. Our tv hardly worked, food was left in the fridge, and it flat out STUNK. We went to the pool that night before it closed. First the kiddy pool, inside, for our daughter. The little "car wash" thing they can walk under (that's the only way I can describe it) was covered in mildew and limescale buildup. YUCK! We then went into the larger pool, with the fountain, and it was freezing. We couldn't even put our legs in. The next morning, all we could hear was pounding on our walls. I'm talking 5-6am! Completely inconsiderate. Once we went to check out, the front desk staff, again, was incredibly rude. One person in particular, her name was Courtney, gave my husband SUCH an attitude.

As we were walking to our car, in the parking structure, we witnessed not one, two, or three, but SIX different drug deals, as well. Defiantly not something I want my daughter to be around.

There is one positive thing about the Landmark Resort. That is your housekeeping staff. The three woman I dealt with the morning of our check out were absolutely amazing. I believe it was the management section of house keeping had a woman with a Jamaican accent- she was incredible. You're better off having her and the housekeeping staff on your front desk and the snotty attitude ridden ones doing the dirty work.

Another thing to add: Breakfast? There WAS NO BREAKFAST.

Room Tip: You're better off sleeping on the beach.
2  Thank Melissa P
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your recent stay with us. For the convenience of our guests, we do offer an unloading zone directly in front of the hotel. We also have bell carts available as well as bell staff that would be happy to assist with your luggage. Also, we are the only hotel in the area that offers an enclosed walkway over Ocean Blvd that connects to our parking garage.
We also offer two onsite restaurants. The Gazebo Restaurant is open 365 days a year for breakfast and we also offer room service. I am sorry if you missed this during your visit.
I hope that you and your family can accept our apologies for the disappointment you encountered. If you decide to visit Myrtle Beach again we hope that you will have an enjoyable time.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

If anything, I learned to never book a room from a resort that subleases rooms owned by others. Service is what you would expect from a landlord, not a decent hotel. The place is located at the corner of Ghetto and PWT, with active drug houses in the even sleazier hotels a short distance away. The barely coherent desk clerk tried to shake down my daughter for additional fees when she arrived before me. The entire hotel smelled like stale tobacco and cheap booze. The grandkids described the 'indoor water park" as lame. Never again. Spend a few extra bucks and get a place at Murrels Inlet or North Myrtle Beach. Better beaches, safer and cleaner.

Room Tip: Rooms at Murrel's Inlet or North Myrtle Beach are much better.
3  Thank Grandfather22

I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your visit at the Landmark. We are located on the south end of Myrtle Beach near many area attractions. Myrtle Beach was ranked by TripAdvisor as the #3 beach in the US and the #11 beach in the world. I am very sorry if you were not pleased with the area.
The balance of your reservation is due upon arrival. If you pay your balance with cash or if you arrive with a zero balance, then we do require an additional $100 refundable security deposit. The security deposit is explained at time of booking. Also, we have many water features available at the resort for both adults and kids to enjoy, including two lazy rivers and the H20asis Splash Park. I am sorry if your grand kids did not enjoy them.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. If there is any way we can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had our 5th stay at the Landmark for spring break this year. It is a clean, family friendlly resort that is easy on the budget. The kids love the waterpark pool area and there's always entertainment for them even is the weather is not good. It is located within easy walking distance of the downtown shopping/ night life/ and amusement park. I suggested to my 16 yr old twin daughters that we try a different hotel just for the sake of change and their answer was "no way, its always the landmark in myrtle beach, nowhere else, mom!"

1  Thank JMICHELLE22

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with everyone. It is so wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoy staying with us when visiting Myrtle Beach. I am so glad that your kids have fun in our pool area and enjoy the entertainment. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.