“Terrible!!”

Ranked #156 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Kentucky
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We usually stay at Coral Beach Resort but thought we would try someplace different this year.....what a mistake!!!!! The was smelly and nasty. There were cockroaches all over the room. The phone didnt work, the bathroom sink was broken and there were hairs all in the tub! There was an armed robbery on our second night there a few floors down and blood was all over the place. They did attempt to clean it up but it still left me with an unsettling feeling. Most hotels there are closed to the streets and everything is located oceanside...Not this one!!!! Everything is wide open to the street with people that arent even staying there coming and going! It had beer cans and garbage all in the hallways and by the pools...it was awful!! When we left and complained to the managers, they just gave us a stupid stare.. not even an apology! We had booked three months in advance and paid 103.00 a night but noticed on their sign out front that walk-ins were only paying 59.00 a night! What a rip-offf!!!

Room Tip: Go to Coral Beach Resort!!
1 Thank Helena C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Pine Hall, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I decided to plan a beach trip without spending a lot of money, we had stayed here about 4 years ago with no problems what so ever. So we decided to go back this year with our kids. We had paid 350 in advance to stay 3 nights, it wasn't worth a penny, we walked into our room and it was the worst smell i've ever smelt in my life, instantly turned our stomachs. So we decided to check the beds and what did we find..... a dead RAT under the pillows that looked like it had been there for weeks, it had mold all over it. It was completely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!! There was no way I was going to let my 2 & 4 year old stay in that room!!!!! I dont think even a homeless person would want to stay here.

3 Thank emma_alannah2010

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Cameron, NC
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and two young children headed down to Myrtle Beach on a spur of the moment weekend trip. We stopped in and without seeing any reviews, checked in for the night. Walking up to the room, I was already getting uneasy because of the people that I was passing by. It was a lot of young kids that looked like they could be up to no good. After opening the door to the room and walking in you get slammed with the worst smell ever..my guess is a combo of smoke and pet odor. We then decide to check the beds and I pull back the covers and find hair which grossed me out!! The kitchen appliances were rusty and looked like they had been there since the 50s. The place was so gross that even my 4 year old daughter told me that she didn't want to stay in "this dirty room". My husband went down to the front and asked if we could have our money back due to the heavy smoke smell and they obliged without any arguments. Before my husband even made it out of the office the kids and I had our stuff and were loaded back in the car. I would have slept in the car before I dared to go back in that filthy room. My advice to you is not to stay here unless you don't mind filth....Eww I am so thankful they gave us our money back!!!

Room Tip: Not here!!!
2 Thank bs_md_farr
Wise, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

cheap place to stay but still not worth the money. my husband and 2 young children stopped here because my kids liked the way the outdoor pool looked. We had been at the beach for a few days already and decided to stay an extra night and was looking for a fairly cheap room for one night. We booked a room and was in the room for about 5 minutes before myself and my kids were ready to get out of there. The carpet was nasty, stains everywhere, (i assume from pets using the restroom in the floor), there was tons of dust and dirt and trash piled up around the stove and fridge, holes all over the walls. The thing that made us want to leave was i sat down in a chair and a roach crawled up the arm of the chair so i was going to call the front desk to see if we could change rooms and the housekeeping card that was laying beside the phone had dead roaches smushed all over them. It was the nastiest place i have been in and i would never let my kids sleep in a place like that. The people at the front desk were friendly but kind of werid, the website makes it looks so much nicer than it actually is. Do not stay here unless you are okay with sleeping in flith.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kilgore4
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

I wish I had read all the reviews before booking this hotel. It's horrible!!!! The man at the desk was a little odd. It was biker week so it was loud our entire stay. Some of the bikers were extremely rude----i.e., one biker dude wanted to buy a woman's jewelry in exchange for money for gas she was needing--- tacky!!! The rooms were nasty! The carpet was damp and kind of sticky. The price was reasonable for a few nights and the pet fee was cheap. No room for parking. We had to park up the street!! The bikers got all the good spots. All in all, you get what you pay for!!! Lesson learned! This property NEEDS to be CONDEMED!!

• Stayed May 2012