Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sea Dunes Oceanfront(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Oats Motel(Myrtle Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Blue(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sandy Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Oceans One Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Captains Quarters Resort(Myrtle Beach)
1,728 results
All reviewsamusement parkocean viewoceanfront resortolder buildingfamily kingdomlazy riverfront desk managernorth towerfull kitchenoff seasonspring breakbeach accessocean blvdgreat vacationpoolsjacuzzicondo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was shocked when we arrived in our room to see that it was not at all like ANY of the photos online!! The room was old and musty and the bathroom tub drained super slow.
The breakfast was horrible, everything seemed like it was cooked in a microwave. There was hair on the serving plates and the buffet was not kept stocked. The worst part was that nobody offered us water or came to our table to check on us but I was charged a mandatory 18% gratuity...For what??!!
It cost me over $400 for 2 nights, I really expected so much more!

1  Thank Ebony H
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We have discussed your comments with our staff and management to ensure that they do not occur again. If you would like to discuss your stay, you are more than welcome to call the resort and speak to a member of management. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

some of your staff was very helpful. Miss Patty was a lot of help advising about restaurants. Luggage carts were in very short supply both checking in and out and your staff was not helpful at all this regards. Parking was aweful. Saturday night we had trouble finding a parking spot. Your parking attendant working that night was rude and disrespectful, The young man working during the day on Saturday and Sunday was extremely nice and helpful. My niece joined us there on Saturday. She is an owner at the Westgate Miami. She said that she would not be returning to the Myrtle Beach location. Neither will I but that had more to do with the type of people visiting Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: don't drive there. use a taxi. parking is not good.
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a vacation experience that exceeds your expectations and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments regarding the parking attendant have been addressed and we have taken corrective action. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I have read the reviews on here and can only say that my stay @ Westgate was great. My family and I did upgrade to room in the tower which was reasonable. We stayed on the 11th floor in a corner room (21111). It was beautiful. If you are able to update to a tower room I would advise to to do so. We had a oceanfront view and ocean view. 2 balconies king size bed with jacuzzi and separate bath. The second bedroom had 2 full size beds with a bath adjoining to the living room and kitchen. Had a sofa bed, 3 flat screens, and nice kitchen with washer and dryer. The only complaint I had was the dryer took longer to dry clothes, but it was an apartment size one, so no big deal, and one of the VCR's in the larger bed room was not hooked up (no cord). The view from our balconies was fabulous and the wind is so nice. We sleep with the doors open each night. Plenty of room for your items. The kitchen was so nice. Everything in our room was nice and clean. I have read reviews about the amusement park, but it was no bother and our ocean view balcony was right by the amusement park and the hotel part. I don't know what the reviews on here are talking about and we had our door balcony door open. Noise just was not that much of a big deal, as the park closed each night @ 12. The parking is a problem if you do not get in at a decent time, but we only had to park in the lot one time across the street, but that was no biggie as it was not really that far. All in all it was a nice stay from Mon-Sat (June 18-23) The concierge did call and check on us and was very nice. Also Trevor and Gwen was so nice at check in and Theresa was nice at checkout. Me and my family will return. Enjoyed it all thanks Westgate and Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower all looked nice. Cleaning people was always out cleaning and it smelled good there. Pool and hot tub is in this section and beach not that far to get to at all.
2  Thank missnikkib21
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are so glad that you “Enjoyed it all” at our resort! Our goal is to provide a quality vacation experience that exceeds all expectations and it appears as though our staff accomplished that with their great customer service. Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests and owners are enjoying their stay so we appreciate your kind words in mentioning the concierge, Trevor, Gwen and Theresa as “so nice".Thank you for choosing Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort for your Myrtle Beach vacation. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

When I hear the name Westgate I think of a top notch resort. This was anything but top notch. When I reserved this hotel I thought that the name would live up to my expectations. However, it did not. At 1:30 in the morning I checked on my daughter that was sleeping in the bed next to us and pulled the covers back to find that she was laying in a bed full of BED BUGS. That was so DISGUSTING... That alone ruined our entire vacation. Needless to say we had to wake our daughter in the middle of the night which scared her to death. I called the front desk and they immediately moved us to another room. Once in the new room we found it very hard to get comfortable and go back to sleep. Not only did we have to deal with the bed bugs, the bathroom was disgusting. The shower wall was cracked and there was mold and mildew all over the floor between the toilet and the shower. The next morning I went to the front desk to report the bed bugs to the manager and her staff had not even told her that there was an issue with bed bugs which leads me to believe that they just moved someone else in there without even cleaning it. I will NEVER stay in a Westgate resort again. My suggestion for management is if you are going to have your staff try to schedule tours and sell the resort you need to make it worth wanting to invest our hard earned money into.

Room Tip: Stay Away. This is a place that you would take prostitutes not your family.
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. After a thorough inspection of your room, both by our trained and certified inspectors and our professional pest control company, we did not find any bed bugs in your unit. We are sorry this was not communicated to you as it should have been. What you reported was determined to be a beetle that is not indigenous to this area but has been seen with some frequency this spring clinging to people’s clothes and on buildings. They are completely harmless, yet unusual, and we completely understand why you were alarmed. They most likely entered your room attached to your clothing or flew in while the balcony door was open. We treat all of our rooms with a very high standard of cleanliness and service and apologize for not meeting your expectations. Once again thank you for your recent review and we hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Not happy with the way we were treated. Random fees were appearing and we were told by different people different prices for our stay. They will charge you for anything and everything! With the name like Westgate, I was shocked to see all this crap everywhere. 10$ for one day of wi-fi is crazy, might as well go down to Starbucks and use their wi-fi for free. The rooms do not look like they are portrayed all over the internet. The rooms were clean, but not as nice or up to date as they look in some photos. Our T.V was so old that the volume didn't get loud enough for us to hear. We had to sit at the edges of our beds to watch a show. Also we booked 3 nights, unfortunately we could only stay 2 nights, and they told us since we werent going to be there the 3rd night that we had to check out at 10a.m. Although we still were in town for the day, I was unsure why they made us check out--- when we PAID for the room that night. My feelings are that they wanted to make extra money and book someone else in that room. Which is terrible customer service. We went home early because we had no where to take a shower if we went to the beach on the last day. THOROUGHLY UPSET!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Our resort fee covers wi-fi, resort amenities and more. We would have been happy to change out your TV quickly had we known, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you again for your feedback. Your comments will be shared with management. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.