All reviews friendly's restaurant pet owners pet friendly hotel dogs barking minute walk to the beach continental breakfast yogurt nice pool great place to stay pets lq friendlys ave broadway golf mb maid
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I would give this hotel zero stars if an option. Woke up to a mystery urine smell that only got worst. Maintenance, once they finally showed up, stated the hotel has sewage issues all the time, like it was normal & ok. We went down to breakfast to discover this hotel doesn't have a hot breakfast & they don't stock the breakfast, 1 hour into breakfast & it was bare! We returned back to our room and we were smacked in the face by the smell of trash that had been roasting in the hot southern sun for 3 weeks! We all almost vomited! The odor was coming from the bathroom & connecting room, this was the most gross thing I have exercise experience.It took 2 calls to the front desk and being told we were not a priority, before maintenance finally arrived. Maintenance only sprayed air freshener and we had to ask if he would check the room next door.when we arrived back late that afternoon the hallway smelled like a heavy fragrance was sprayed and you could hear hammers on the wall next door. Why are you renting rooms if there is a sewage issue? No one Caledonia to check on the issue, no one offered a room move, and 4 days later no on from thr hotel or management has reached out to us! We cancelled our other La Quinta reservations for the rest of the Labor day holiday & are done with the hotel chain.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
General M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach - N. Kings Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hello,

I would first like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused during your stay. Unfortunately we are unsure of what may have caused the smell you are describing. Our team is working to locate any issues but have yet to find any. I am sorry if the front desk did not choose the right words in explaining to you that maintenance responds to calls in a priority fashion. Unfortunately if there was a water leak or incident that could potentially cause damage to the building then our team would need to tend to those issues first as safety is our #1 priority. I am unsure if this was the case at the time of your call or if maintenance was already with another guest but I will bring it up in our staff meeting and assure you I will get to the bottom of it. I am sorry to hear you have chosen to leave the LQ brand but I do hope you change your mind and give us another chance to prove to you this is not the experience our guests typically have.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Rooms are clean, staff was great and air was running and cool. A little noise from hallway and next door but not enough to bother us as we were exhausted from playing all day. The pool is nice too. Breakfast in morning could use a few more items but again we didn't go there to eat. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the beach.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
General M, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach - N. Kings Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hello Ronald,

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay. Rest assured we are currently reviewing our breakfast standards to better serve our guests in the future. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

It was great for the price, we saved $400 by not staying on the beach but we were in walking distance. Everyone was nice and very hospitable. Rooms were clean and well maintained. My only complaint were the beds. They were uncomfortable and too small for two adults. The free breakfast was good, pool was nice, had free coffee and water all day. The staff was always available for any questions and had great suggestions.

Hello,

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come see us again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Spent 5 days here in August 2018. Was meet with a great staff(especially Bonnie) but the rest were very good as well. Breakfast was ok for a continental breakfast. Re modeled very well and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you liked the remodel, we like it too :)

Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I definitely appreciate The staff Heidy, Rick front desk management and Elizabeth the room service I definitely will recommend la Quinta of Myrtle Beach. I felt very welcome the staff goes out of they way to make sure the guests are comfortable and having a great time! La Quinta accomodates breakfast in the morning and coffee and refreshments thru out day. Thank you! You guys rock. See you guys next year!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your recent review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay. I will be sure to let each staff member mentioned know how much of an impression they made on you. We hope to see you again!