All reviews ocean front pool and hot tub mom pop room was clean rocking chairs a wonderful stay view room cleaned daily beach trip an older hotel private balcony a nice place to stay visiting myrtle beach cleaning staff family vacation full kitchen rates
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Don't let them fool you by saying that they don't have a problem with cockroaches by calling them "Palmetto" bugs. Palmetto bugs ARE a species of cockroaches. And Gazebo Inn in Myrtle Beach has plenty of them..... And a snappy lady at the front desk when you try to approach it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
8  Thank Just_a_visitor666
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

I am truly sorry that you found me to be "snappy" when you came down to confront me about the Palmetto bug that you found in your room, however you were hysterical and I was simply trying to calm you down. Yes the Palmetto bug is a member of the cockroach family but like many species not all are the same (the Spanish moss that hangs so beautifully in our graceful old oak trees is a member of the pineapple family but I certainly wouldn't eat it). If you check any number of pest control websites you will see that the Palmetto bug is a large flying roach that lives outdoors and is attracted to warm, wet areas. They like to live in the Palmetto trees (hence the name), and will search out water (which is why they are sometimes called "water bugs". They are attracted to light, which is why some folks will walk into one in flight while entering a doorway in to their home or room at night with a porch light on. You will also see them all over pool deck or general outdoor spaces at night.

The Palmetto bug that you encountered would have come in from your balcony, which is certainly not uncommon after the hard rains and extreme heat that we had been experiencing prior to and during your visit. The Palmetto is NOT like the German roach for example, which is attracted to and lives where it finds unsanitary conditions. In fact the Palmetto bug is often jokingly referred to as our "State Bird" by many that live in or visit the Southeast coast.

When it became very obvious that you were not going to calm down and stated that that there was NO WAY that you could stay in that room or in this hotel for that matter, I gave you a full refund as you requested and you checked out. I have no problem with that. I do however have a problem with someone (you) trying to trash the reputation of a hardworking family owned and operated business (that just happens to be one that by the way supports and thanks all members of fire department, rescue, military and law enforcement personnel with an additional discount...which you in fact received) without regret. Amazing. So best of luck to you wherever you choose to stay in the future. Hopefully they will be as understanding and as generous to you as we were. Thankfully folks like you are few and far between. Our outstanding reviews and many repeats guests speak for themselves.

Best,

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Last month (August 2016) our family stayed at The Gazebo Inn for a quick get-away to Myrtle Beach. After reading reviews on this site, I decided to book here and I am so glad that we found this place! It is not fancy, but it is VERY clean and the staff is pleasant, polite, and accommodating. We knew not to expect anything fancy, and we were there to enjoy the beach with our kids and time away from home before the start of the school year. I cannot say enough nice things about the Gazebo Inn. We even had to extend our stay by a day because of car trouble, and they were very nice about it. Compared to other places, the Gazebo is very affordable. As I said, it is very clean. It is towards the southern end of Myrtle Beach, and in a spot where the beach is not too crowded. It is far enough away from all of the larger crowds, but still close enough if you do want to take a short drive. Our room was oceanfront and on the fourth floor. The view was awesome. The pool is maintained very well. Although this is an older hotel, it is well taken care of. The beds were extremely comfortable - we slept great! Thank you so much for a great stay! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you found our little place to be such a great find, and that you were so pleased with everything that we have to offer that you plan to stay with us again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach. That is FANTASTIC. There is nothing more important in this business than repeat business, so we are very grateful that we seemed to have earned yours. We truly appreciate your business and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Our family heard about this hotel through a friend, we were so pleased with the recommendation. Our room was very clean, the pool was excellent! The staff was awesome. We will be staying here again soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our success depends greatly on repeat business, therefore I am so happy to hear that one of valued repeat guests thought enough of the Gazebo to recommend us to you and that you enjoyed our little place as much as you did when you got here. We thank you very much for your business, and we are looking forward to seeing you once again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

First time staying here. Our room had a fabulous view and was super clean. Probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed in. Pool was big lots of room for everyone to enjoy themselves. Housekeeping staff was very nice and even gave us time to sleep in since we aren't early morning people. Wifi seemed to have some issues but overall I was impressed. We hope to come back next year for a whole week. I'm very happy we decided to stay here!! Thanks Gazebo!! -David and Joanna

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanna G
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I can not say enough about these wonderful people!! MOST polite Hotel staff I have run across! From The Owners right down

to the Employee's they are courteous and kind and WELCOMING!! If you are looking for the Ritz with a chocolate on your

pillow, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a Red Roof Inn type stay with Red Roof Inn type pricing,

PLUS, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, And lets not forget, A Freeking Ocean, THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!!!!!!! Matter of fact, it's

better than Red Roof Inn because I had a coffee maker in the room and I was able to sit out on my balcony and watch the

sun rise over the ocean and drink my morning coffee. Yes, I got up early one morning while on vacation to watch the

sunrise over the ocean! What a great morning it was! TO ME THAT WAS THE BEST PART OF THE VACATION!!! Ocean breeze blowing

in my face, It was all my kids could do to get me off the balcony and take them some place to play!! Julie was the BOMB.

Robert was the BOMB Digity. Sorry Julie, I gave him a Digity, But I saw him more than you. I met the mother, I met the

father, I met the whole family, and they are all great people. The old man is a Hoot & a Half. If you like dry humor talk

to him! We even met the nicest couple, Sarah & Mike who were staying there. My son is big into sharks, and they told us

that Myrtle Beach is the best place in the USA to find Fossilized Shark Teeth. They spent some extra time teaching us how

to find them. The 1st time my son and I went looking we spent an hour and found 3 Teeth. What a great addition to our

Vacation Expectations! Thanks Julie, Robert, Mom And Dad for a great Vacation Experience. Just so you know guy's, we are

planning to come down next summer. Save a room for us, Thanks for a great Vacation! Michael.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room and enjoy the SUNRISE!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bernie0013
Myrtle Beach J, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

This has to be BY FAR the BEST (and most ENTERTAINING) review we have had in a very long time! THANK YOU for making all of our days! I will take the BOMB and Rob can have the BOMB DIGITY title...they are BOTH a trip :-) Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for giving all of the hardworking Gazebo Crew a nod as well. You guys were a pleasure to have around, and we are all so happy to hear that you plan on staying with us again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach. We greatly appreciate you humor and of course your valued business, and we are most definitely looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are at the beach.

Julie, Rob & Gazebo Crew