“Great place to stay”

Ranked #40 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
high point
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I enjoyed every stay besides housekeeping not cleaning my room on the second day but I guess that's normal since almost every review ive read said the same thing I told the front desk staff about it he act like he cared but I know he really didn't care but the overall hotel is very nice I will be staying here again when my husband and I return to the Mrytle Beach

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 633baby
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My friends and I stayed here this past weekend for a last minute short spring break. There were 9 of us and we stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo here. The pictures from the website do not do this place justice. Our condo was amazing, perfect size for the number of people, perfect location, ad perfect amount of space, we never felt as though we were crowded. The only thing I was not completely happy with was the indoor pool, It's more of a small indoor lazy river ( I don't know if there was a regular indoor pool somewhere else) but seeing as it was fairly chilly when we went we were kind of wanting a nice big indoor pool to swim in. The location is amazing, it's literally not even a five minute drive to Broadway. I would suggest getting a floor under level 5 though, because the elevators are the slowest ones I have ever been on. I actually walked down from floor 9 because I grew tired of waiting for the elevator to get to my floor. That could be fixed easily I'm sure. It's not too big of a deal but on busy days or when I need to be somewhere on time, it tends to get frustrating. Overall I would highly recommend this place for families or big groups and I am sure I will be back here to visit again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank aecampbell923
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is the first time I have followed the reviews on tripadvisor and I was so disappointed. To be honest we have been to Myrtle Beach many times but decided to try a different hotel. We went with another couple so we reserved two rooms. Between us we had no toilet paper, no coffee and cups, no kleenex, one bar of soap for shower and hands, and no drinking cups. The carpet and walls were yucky and no housekeeping the second day. Forget getting someone to help with the situation. Since I was the one who chose the location, I was not happy. Ok the only thing I can say in the plus is that the sheets seemed clean and the mattress was fine.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank DottyNC
mcantey, General Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Mrs. Dotty:

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Oceanfront Inn and Suites. I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. I assure you that this was not an accurate reflection of our hotel or its operation. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, so we may discuss this matter further.

Raymond Harter, CHA
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Origionally, my boyfriend and I booked at a cheap, crappy hotel to have a budget vacation. After driving 5 hours, we were told we'd have to "cancel our reservation" because we were under 25. I'm 21, he's 22. They didn't appologize and were pretty rude about the whole thing. After about 30 minutes on the phone with Hotels.com, they relocated us to this Best Western Plus a few hotels over. When we checked in we were visibly flustered, but still in good spirits. The staff joked with us, made us feel at ease, and told us they'd take care of us. After some computer magic, he gave us our room key to a suite on the 11th floor. We literally jumped up and down when we opened the door and saw the ocean view, full kitchen, and king sized bed. The phone rang in a few minutes and it was the front desk, asking if we liked our room. We loved it. Our vacation was saved. For a little extra money, we were able to stay at this lovely hotel instead of that cockroach ridden cheap motel. It was a beautiful stay. My boyfriend and I wanted to leave a beer for Cameron, the man working the front desk, but were afraid he'd get in trouble. THANK YOU BEST WESTERN. I think you've earned our loyalty.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Megan D
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront is a lovely hotel in an ideal location. The staff are extremely helpful, professional and exceed expectations (especially Lindsay). The beds are very comfortable with lots of lush pillows and bedding, and the kitchenettes have everything one needs while away from home. The concierge staff also are very knowledgable, entertaining and helpful. The weather did not permit us to use the pool and hot tub, so I am unable to comment on those aspects of the property. It would be had to find such exceptional value in such a great area close to food, Broadway By the Beach, down town, etc. in Myrtle Beach. Our stay was wonderful. Rona Devreese, Senior Travel Consultant, Oakville, Ontario March 2012

Room Tip: There are several choices of rooms available to suite any needs.