“Getaway”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #92 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 April 2012

First time staying here. Positive experience. Clean. Convienient parking. Loved the corner room. Great breakfast. Whould recommend and will return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I booked my room last night the lady who helped me was fine, I asked about parking because there will be 2 cars and both have handicap tags on them, I requested 2 parking tickets since both people in the cars can not walk far distances, the lady said talk to the manager and see what he can do when we check in. they sent conformation email with wrong info so i had to email back to have it corrected and I asked again in the letter about the parking. They call me bright and early sunday morning informing me that one car will have to park in the public parking for the beach and it will be free since they have a handicap sticker and they will have to walk to the hotel. Well I canceled the rooms and the lady on the phone at that time was very snotty about it.
Being this was the 1st trip for the 6 of us going there they have left a impression not too good.

Room Tip: dont waste the time coming here
2  Thank Lili L
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is the 2nd year for us at CQ and we will be back next. While I have read that some of the rooms need upgrading and I won't disagree, I am willing to sacrifice that for the fun that my 3 kids have. At the end of every trip we ask the kids the best part of their trip and again this year the answer was the activities at the hotel. They love the pirate pool, the luau shows, the egg hunts, magic shows, pictures with Salty, the bowling alley.....HAHA they even love coming down the ramp in the parking garage. The room served it's purpose for sleeping and eating, it was cleaned daily (except when we declined it) the staff was very friendly and helpful, even when we had to call them for nonsense at 11 pm. (kids locking toys in the safe). I would absolutely recommend to a friend and will most definitely be back next year!!

Room Tip: Loved the Angled Ocean View Suites--More modern!
2  Thank knot2me
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for writting such a postive comment. We love to read those.. We love our returning guest year after year and are glad to hear that your children love all the fun events we do.. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel was neat and clean as was our room. It was serviced everyday with fresh towels. The sixth floor activity area was very nice. Walking distance to restaurants, and Board Walk. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The little extra money for ocean front is worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to write this review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at Captain's Quarters on Spring Break which is April 1 st thur April 5th, 2012. I heard about the bad reviews but decided to see for myself. The room was large and I had the room with the kitchenette and ocean view. The view was great! The hotel is older and needed updating but it was clean. No bugs were found. I enjoyed the bowling alley and the kids loved playing the arcade games in the bowling alley. Our family enjoyed the lazy river and the kiddie pirate pool along with the others. If you want a brand new hotel that has the scent of fresh paint and new carpet this is not your hotel. If you want a hotel that is older but clean and the staff is friendly and this is your hotel. If you want an interior hotel, this is not the place for you. I will admit that I was suprised that this ended up being an exterior hotel. I hope to be back here in a couple of years. I would advise you to ask for the upper level rooms that have been remodeled. I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled rooms on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that your family enjoyed your stay with us and the children loved the bowling and arcade.. It is hard to not have fun in there.. It is truly a pleasure to hear how friendly staff was during your staff.. We hope to see you again very soon.