“Pleasently Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #185 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Pleasently Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

After reading the positve and negative revues about a Summer Wind, I decided to make a reservation. I tried to curb my expectations because I was just looking to enjoy the beach for a couple of days and have somewhere to shower and sleep. When I called Stacy to book my room, she was very helpful. She also understood that I may have to cancel because of an elderly family member. As I would be ariving the evening of Labor Day, I received a call on my way down, letting me know what to do in case I arrived after the office had closed. I got there in time and Chris (I think) checked me in. With great anticipation, I open the door to my ocean front efficiency. Not the Ritz Carlton, but a nice, clean room. Sure there is some wear from a long season but more than acceptable for the price I paid.

Access to the beach was easy and the view from the fourth floor was great. This is a pet friendly motel but there were no issues at all. Waffles in the morning were quick and easy. Cleaning staff was very helpful and accomidating. I did not use the spa or the pool but they both looked well maintained. The location is perfect! Far enough away the hustle and bustle but close enough.

I will stay at A Summer Wind again and the next hopefully my wife will be able to join me.

Thanks again for a great trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Steve M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Beckley, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

This is a horrible hotel we booked oceanfront with two double beds and a sleeper sofa but we got a no view room with two double beds. Even though they charged for oceanfront rates they still argued they were right in how they booked our room. We couldn't even get enough towel and wash cloths for our room their excuse was is they just did not have enough for everyone in the motel instead of buying more to accomodate all of their guests. So I recommend vrbo.com or staying at the Sand Dunes because we checked out those places and had a very enjoyable vacation but with this hotel we were miserable our whole stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JessicaScarbro08

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

The rooms are decent and thats to say the very most about it. They do except dogs but while that was a plus for me who had a dog, for others listening to big dogs bark in the morning is no picnic at the beach im sure. The PARKING IS HORRRRRRRRIBLE!!! I actually got into an accident. I was trying to back out of the tiny parking spaces and hit the truck beside me!!!! every space was a tight squeeze unless you had a two seat car or BIKE! The place is run down but I was prepared for that, I wasnt however prepared for the ghetto looking trashy people I was surrounded by during my stay. I shouldve known, best believe-----YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Franny83
Hamlet NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I would not recommend noone to stay in this Motel because it needs a overhaul because the carpet was very nasty the beds had dirty linen and the refreigator was not working, and there were black mold on the sealing on it the door to the balcony was broke my husband and daughter was very sick and my daughter still is we even wwent to the office three days straight they told us that it was on the list to be fixed. We were not pleased with this place at all not for the price we expected i even called the Wednesday before and the lady said the rooms were very spotless. she lied. So please dont waist your time there it is not worth it. i promise .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tmalloy52
Stokesdale, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was a last minute trip for my family & myself. Chris was a big help on the phone. Then at check in Stacey was wonderful. The hotel was very clean & very welcoming. The staff was very helpful with the things that we needed taken care of. The maintenance man even came down & programed the new remote for the TV, as the original one for the room couldn't be found. This is a great place to stay for anybody.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family