2,489 results
All reviews lazy river ocean front parking deck breakfast buffet living room hot tub several years kiddie pool full kitchen the past years great vacation family vacation washer and dryer great resort off season oceanfront room freddie
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We have been staying at the Beach Colony Resort twice a year since 2006. Our recent stay in September was a very pleasant one. The units here can be hit or miss but many of them have been upgraded. We were in unit 504 which is very nice. The grounds are very well kept with a nice ocean front lawn with lounge chairs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This property is very affordable and very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask to see your assigned unit before you accept it. The best views are the oceanfront guest suites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Tess P, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for letting us know about your resort experience. We sincerely appreciate the stars you have given us. We look forward to having you come and stay with us again in the future!!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Great place to stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned well daily and all the housekeeping people and other help around the building never failed to greet us with a smile and friendly hello. We had a problem with a DVD player and someone was there to help us with it within 20 minutes of when we reported it. Great beach, pools, hot tub, Lazy River. We had an oceanfront one bedroom and the layout was well thought out. We are already planning our next trip to the Beach Colony! We were in Room 1007.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2012

After reading some of the reviews on some of the websites we were almost ready to cancel our reservations. Having never been to Myrtle Beach before and this being our first real vacation with just the two of us in fifteen years, we wanted everything to be perfect. We are so glad we didn't cancel our reservation with Beach Colony Resort. The room was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I mean all the staff from the front desk people, housekeeping, maintenance personnel, to the grounds keepers. I never walked by an employee there that I wasn't asked how I was doing or wished a good day. The location was great, we could easily get to where ever we wanted to go. I have a small car so I had no problems with the parking garage. We had an ocean front room and the view was great. We were on the third floor and had no real elevator issues, but I do agree that they do need more elevators for the higher floors. I would and have recommended Beach Colony Resort to my friends and family. We are planning a family vacation next year and plan to take our kids and grandchild to Beach Colony Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Room 805,9/3/12-9/10/12. 1 cabinet door hanging by one hinge,2 cracked glasses in kitchen cabinet. I told the front desk the next day so I wouldn't be charged for damages.Maintenance never came to fix cabinet and the 2 glasses were never replaced.
A plastic dish pan placed under kitchen sink to catch water from a leak.This I mentioned on check out. My socks were dirty from the first night of walking across the floors. I took it upon myself to clean all the floors on my hands and knees. VERY DIRTY! The rugs need replacing because of lack of true cleaning over time.[Dirt and hair was embedded in them mostly the traffic ones]
Halls and elevators were dirty and smelly. Elevators were slow or broken.
For the money I was very DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Darby D, General Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

I apologize that your past experience at our hotel was less than ideal. Many things have changed since your last stay including our entire management team. We are confident you will be delighted with the wonderful changes here at Beach Colony Resort in 2017. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Sincerely

Darby Davis
Beach Colony Resort

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Staying at the beach colony was just wonderful! This was a very affordable and family friendly place to stay the staff was so kind and very helpful we read all the other comments on trip advisor some good some bad but our room was super clean and very nice comfortable for the 4 of us the hotel lobby parking garage ect... very neat and tidy I would like to thank the staff for a very memorable stay and helping us to make wonderful memories for our boys I def. recomend staying here!!!!!!!! Thanks beach colony!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: Everything was wonderful!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family