We recently stayed at the Caravelle and we were pleasantly surprised! We booked an Ocean View Suite, Monday-Friday, and it was perfect for two moms and three kids (husband-free week). We had wonderful views of the beach and the pools. The room was clean and comfortable with two double beds and a Murphy bed in the living room. The kids LOVED all of the pools and lazy rivers! It was nice having a full size fridge and microwave in the room because we were able to save money by eating breakfast and lunch in the room. We ate at the poolside bar and restaurant a couple times....pretty good and the kids loved the ice cream!
A few gripes...
1. Parking was tight and limited. HATED parking across the street and unloading with 3 small children.
2. The elevators were SLOW. My advice, use the ones by the pool, not the parking garage.
3. Wish housekeeping would have vacuumed and wiped the table daily. They didn't replace the towels one day and when we called the front desk, they didn't seem worried about it???
Overall it was a fun week and the kids really enjoyed it. I think we would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Caravelle Resort Hotel are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Caravelle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
- Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- The Caravelle Golf Family Resort