My husband, myself and my daughter just came by from a 5 day vacation in Myrtle Beach. We stayed at Anderson Ocean Club and was not disappointed. My mother, father and niece also accompanied us on our trip.
We stayed in room 1704 (17th floor) in one of the 3 bedroom suites. It was roomy and nicely decorated. Two of the bedrooms are at opposites side of the front door as you enter. Both had their own full bathroom. The one bedroom was larger with 2 queen beds and the other had a full and twin bed. Each room had its own flat screen television with limited cable selection. The only strange thing about each of the front bedrooms was that they had a window that looked into the hall. The window wasn't a bother, but it was completely useless.
The master bedroom was toward the back of the suite and had sliding glass doors that exited onto the balcony facing the ocean, which was a nice feature. The master bedroom was the smallest of the three bedrooms, but had plenty of room for a couple. It also had its own full bathroom and a flat screen tv with limited cable selections.
One note about the bathrooms, the tub in the type where it is quite shallow so, if you are tall (as I am), you have to duck to fit under the showerhead.
The main living area has a combined open kitchen, dining and living room area. This may sound cramped or congested, but it was more than adequate in size. The kitchen was updated and looked classy. It contains access to a full fridge/freezer, microwave, stove, oven and sink. There is a full dining room table that seats 6. The living room has a couch, 2 arm chairs, 2 end tables and a coffee table. There is a flat screen with limited cable in the living room on top of a hatch contianing the safe. There are large sliding glass doors off of teh living room that lead onto the balcony.
The suite contains a washer and dryer tucked inside a hall closet.
The balcony gave a clear and perfect view of the beach and ocean. The balcony contained 6 chairs and two end tables. It was very spacious.
The hotel itself was clean and finely decorated. The pool area had 2 larger pools (none diving). There were also 2 smaller size kid sized pools, which was a nice touch for someone who has a 2 yr. old. They also have 2 hot tubs and a lazy river. When the temperature dips, 1 kiddie pool, 1 large pool and 1 hot tub are in an area that can be enclosed. There were plenty of chairs around the pool for reclining. There was also a stand to get towels.
We used the bar by the pool and the frozen drinks were delicious. Just make sure you bring cash because they do not take credit cards at the bar.
The lobby has a Starbucks, but it has a limited menu and closes at 9 pm.
The hotel had a walkway to the beach, which is very convenient. When you return from the beach, they have two areas to wash off the sand.
Our room came with multiple parking passes so that was convenient. Please note that the parking garage is a block down, but there are area to unload and load at the hotel.
Your stay comes with free golf at their mini golf course across the street, but you need to utilize it before 7 pm. After 7 pm they charge you a discounted rate.
Supposedly during the peak season, you get free access to a water park. We cannot comment on that because it is now technically the off season.
We ate at their affiliated restaurant the Magnola which is across teh street. It was just okay. If you like buffets, you may prefer it more than I did. I am not a buffet fan and really wanted to have a regular sit down meal. The prices were fair though.
My only caution is that upon arrival, they will offer a free welcome gift. Be warned, you have to sit through a timeshare hard sell to get the free gift. We passed on the free gift and saved ourselves 2 hours of our life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach