We've stayed at the Dayton House now for 4 years. It's a great little place with nice pools. The rooms are dated, but really, you aren't in them very long, so no big deal. Went to book my vacation for this year, and found out they want $821 for a week vs the $543 I paid last year??? I called and asked why the price increase. Did they update the rooms? I was told, no, they didn't do any updates, they are just trying to be more competitive in their price? Given there are so many other facilities, I'm really second guessing if I want to stay here again, when I can go somewhere else for a lot cheaper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach