“Old, stained mattress, and far away from restaurants”
Review of Vancouver Motel

Vancouver Motel
Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
north carolina
“Old, stained mattress, and far away from restaurants”
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I chose this hotel only because it allowed pets of all sizes. I have a chocolate lab and most hotels only allow smaller dogs. I have to say that was the only thing good about the hotel other than the view on the beach. The floors are tiled which gives the appearance that it would be clean but the hotel is completely run down. My shower was so clogged I stood in water up to my ankles the mattress had huge blood and urine stains on it. The appliance are so old I would not use them to cook and there is awindow in the bathroom that someone could easily slide open and get in. Not to mention the hotel next door is closed down which is a huge eye soar. I would not have felt safe here if I had not had my dog with me since my friends were staing in another hotel. I also found that there is nothing in walking distance and parking is challenging on the strip. Next time I will pay the extra money and stay at a pet friendly chain like holiday inn or la quinta so I know what I am getting. I even switched hotels after two days. I had a better location but it seems alot of these hotels are run down and dirty. Word to the wise listen to the reviews.

• Stayed July 2009
5 Thank travelerwithpet
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ohio
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We spent our family vacation at this motel. Was assured that they had the best rates--wrong. Upon cruising around we saw much cheaper rates at much better accommodations.
We had stayed here before several years back, but a lot has changed over the years. The room was not clean, or I should say the beds. We removed the comforter and there were old , I guess pet stains. Pets are allowed which is great, we did not have any problems with barking like I heard some complaining at the pool. We had drawers that would not open, lights that would not work and the people above us , when showering it always leaked into our bathroom below. Worst of all it was a very hot time and we were told that there was nothing that could be done about the air conditioning in the room, it was so hot in the room our candy melted . We had to apply our makeup in the car. We were never greeted by the managing staff. We were told it was family owned and they were proud of this. People were allowed to scream and party at the pool until all hours. Needless to say we will not be returning to this Motel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank OhioToot_toot
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2009

When we arrived at the hotel, we explained that we were relocating here to Myrtle Beach, and asked about extended stays. We were told it would be $125 per week. Upon first look at the room ( 2 beds and a small kitchen ) we thought that price was reasonable, so we paid for 4 weeks. Which came to $660.00 with taxes and deposit. The first few night were great. Then we started noticing water droplets on the ceiling near the window, which we were told to wipe off with a towel. Next came the mold growing the bathroom which we were told was common and to go buy mold remover at the nearest Wal-mart. Then we had the loud, obnoxiuos neighbors whom we were told to deal with ourselves as the hotel did not want to get involved ( we called the police after repeated attempts of asking them to please turn down the music failed). There were absolutely no housekeeping services provided during our stay either. Then came the kicker, the day our 4 weeks was up, a staff member ( maintainance I beleive) came to our room at 10:30 and told us we had until 11:00 to pay for another month or they were locking us out and taking our stuff. We packed our things and moved out. Unfortunately repeated attempts to speak with the owner were unsucessful. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have someone coming to visit that you really don't want visiting you.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hthrhr
sc
Reviewed 2 September 2008

I stayed in a poolside room from Jan-Mar 08. It had a great view of the ocean. My room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. My pets were welcome to stay. I was MORE than comfortable. It was a second home away from home. During my stay, the rooms were exterminated weekly-NO BUGS!!!!! I enjoyed my 3 month stay and would return again and have recommended this hotel to many people looking for a nice place to stay that welcomed pets. Thanks to the staff and management for making my stay pleasant and enjoyable!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — laundry facilities, not enough machinery
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank dixiechick08Sc
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 October 2007

My family stays at the Vancouver Motel every year in August for our family vacation. Won't go anywhere else. It is the most wonderful place to stay in Myrtle Beach. They are even a Pet-Friendly Motel accepting small pets with their owners. The owner, office staff, housekeeping and maintenance staff are the greatest. They go above and beyond the call of duty. They help anyway they can at any time of the day or night. They make you feel like you are part of their family. Yes it is a family motel but is absolutely the cleanest you would ever find. The swimming pool and water is pristine and the rooms are immaculately clean. The location is super, there is a small restaurant two doors down if you want breakfast or lunch. I highly advise the rooms with the ocean view!! We have recommended this motel to so many people and all say the same thing- "why didn't we come here before now!" Have never had a bad experience at the Vancouver and can guarantee that once you have stayed there, you will be a repeat customer like we are. The Vancouver Motel is truly a home away from home with good friends. You won't regret it and will have a wonderful memorable time there.

• Liked — It is just a great family run motel who care about their customers.
  • Disliked — I could not have stayed longer!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Spellchecker52