We really enjoyed the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes. We were down for a friend’s wedding and decided to turn this into a long weekend.
The Pros: The rooms, the grounds and overall property were amazing. Very clean, well maintained and personally unmatched compared to other Myrtle Beach hotel locations. Extra large rooms and bathrooms, great beds, slept like a baby. The location of the hotel was very convenient, right off of HWY 17, easy access to other roads and areas by car. The service at the pool and pool bar was on point every day, those people work hard, hats off to them. The complementary valet service was nice and we appreciated the free Wi-Fi access, as most hotels either charge or require to you sign up at check in.
The Cons: Only a few, but we found it odd that our room was not serviced on Saturday, but Sunday, housekeeping stopped by our room three times between 9am and 1030am to see if we are ready for service. Check out isn’t until noon, so it felt as if we were getting rushed. And it wasn’t just us, we could hear the same practice being used un/down the hall on our floor. Second, the service at the poolside indoor/outdoor restaurant was a bit slow. Had to wait over 30 minutes for eggs and it was obvious they were sitting under the warmer as the plates were hotter than the eggs.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again, without question. On a side note and important to point out I believe, the staff working/attending to our friends wedding did a great job. They were busy all afternoon and late into the evening…all super nice. So I guess if you are looking for a wedding venue, this might be a decent spot, if that’s your cup of tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes