“Beautiful juicy steak”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Road
Description: Established in 1988, Thoroughbreds has positioned itself as the Grand Strands leader in Fine Dining with year after year recognition. Most recent being the 2005 locals and visitors top selection in fine dining and most romantic restaurant, Golf Digest Magazine recommended dining and Wine Spectators’ Award of Excellence (we have over 300 wine and champagne selections in our cellar). We specialize in Certified Angus Beef Steaks and Prime Rib, fresh seafood ,and many gourmet selections as well as unique daily specials. We use only the best ingredients and all of our items are prepared from scratch daily. Tonight you could eat the same thing you get at the chain restaurants back home or you could dine at a true Myrtle Beach Classic.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a buddy and we were hungry. Salad is included, but added escargot, and then a NY strip for dinner - cooked perfectly and served hot. It wasn’t busy but service was professional and efficient. Good martini mixes as well.

2  Thank CollingwoodGuy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To begin with the food was delicious. I had the bourbon tenderloin, mashed potatoes, salad, green beans..the restaurant was beautifully decorated for Christmas. I do recommend that you order your coffee as soon as you are seated as for some reason this seems to be a difficult request to fulfill. I ordered it three times by different wait staff as they came to our table, each one telling me something different first said it would be coming out on a tray , the next one said he would bring it after he finished serving the plates ( actually saw him looking at his cellphone in the area behind the louvered doors and still no coffee) third time waiter again said that he would get it. By this point it is a matter of being ignored and disrespected more so than even the coffee. During this time around 30-45 minutes have passed so I have eaten my salad entree and served my dessert and still waiting. I. Observed coffee being served across the room by other waiters to others that came in after our group...finally a man in our group got up and asked for it and stood down by the station until someone brought some..I was not the only one that had difficulty getting service that evening, others at our table also had asked for coffee as well another customer at a different table said he had to ask numerous times as well...I would have given 5 stars for the food and the beautiful Christmas decorations...but when the service is not good it takes away from the meal..I probably should have given a 3 star rating but I will be generous as the place was crowded..

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

We found reviews for this restaurant on Trip Advisor so we gave it a try. I’m glad we did. Lisa was an excellent waitress and very attentive to our needs. I had the NY Strip and a crab cake. Both were delicious. Everyone in our party of four had an excellent experience as well. We will definitely keep this one on the list.

2  Thank gcromer
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

When I moved here 11 years ago, this was highly rated. It started downhill a few years ago, but new ownership has renewed my love of the place. The Brie appetizer was delicious. The Caesar salad prepared table side for was excellent. Our steaks were cooked as ordered. Service was very slow, but it allowed our party of 4 to enjoy the experience. Will go back.
If going, I always request a table in the Library room for it’s atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Our dinner was great! We received great service from Beth! I recommend this place! They even gave us a cake for our anniversary! I don’t eat dairy and Beth was very attentive about it!

2  Thank Karin K