“Can't Count on Good Weather!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Grandpa Jack's beach house! Just look for the turquoise chairs out front!
 Private hot tub!  Outside shower   Gas grill    Your personal oasis !!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Grandpa Jack's beach house! Just look for the turquoise chairs out front!
Private hot tub!  Outside shower   Gas grill    Your personal oasis !!
Queen size sofabed !
Just in case you get tired of eating out at all the wonderful seafood and steak houses!
Kitchen is just off the dining room
All the conveniences of home!
Large flat screen TV and DVD player
Pillowtop King Master Bed w/TV walk- in closet attached full bath sliders to patio
Twin beds in the upstairs back bedroom overlooking patio
2nd bedroom upstairs has a full bed, desk, TV and a balcony!!
2nd full bath upstairs
Towels  and linen included!
hair dryer and iron for your convenience
Remodeled bath with huge washer and dryer for towels!!
Brand-new washer and dryer in the master bathroom
Four beach chairs for your convenience!
Plenty of parking right in front of grandpa Jack's beach house!
It is a safe residential area just minutes to  the beach attractions whether by foot car or mopeds!
Mermaids and our little captain!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Janice122...
Galesburg, Illinois
“close to beach”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

First of all we want to thank Janet for opening her family home to us and our "fur-baby" (Tucker adjusted and felt right at home) We loved the location.. close to beach (walking distance) and some other areas of interest without using car, pet friendly . House accommodated all of us. It was fairly furnished .... kitchen appliances (coffee maker, blender, toaster, dishes, glasses, silverware, other utensils) Bath towels supplied, dishwasher, washer / dryer. Hot tub was nice. Neighbors were nice and we met a few of them. The only complaint we had was it just wasn't that clean considering Janet pays someone to do this after each guest leaves. This wasn't just not cleaning after each one ... it was a build up of long term not cleaning very well. Vents were filthy (literally dust balls hanging from the vents), around baseboards, louver doors on closets were very dirty, inside cupboards (I actually washed dishes before we used because the cupboards were icky) I think it could use a little updating such as new wall paint and maybe new flooring in the living room/ down stairs bedroom instead of carpeting beings there is high traffic of going in and out. There was also a broken dining room chair when we got there. I went to sit down and noticed it was not right so I took a picture of it and sent to Janet. There were enough other chairs to use besides that one but was just wondering if anyone ever lets her know of these things. Also I was a little disillusioned by the "fenced -in" back yard. It was a small fenced in patio area with hot tub, small patio table and grill which is nice and private but was looking at something a little different with my dog. But we did walk a lot with him in the neighborhood and he was fine. Also Janet was very nice and always got back to me whenever I had questions. OVERALL WE WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION ...close enough to beach area but far enough away from all the hub-bub noise... just would like it to be really cleaned.. it really needs to be DEEP CLEANED.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
25 Jul 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give an open honest review Janice. Being so far away I do rely on feedback to know when problems arise! A deep clean and chair repair being scheduled as we speak!! Thanks!
Janet
A TripAdvisor Member
“Can't Count on Good Weather!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Our month long stay was during record-setting low temps and ice storm. The condo is lovely and fairly well equipped. The Hot Tub was not functioning while we were there. The owner was very pleasant to deal with and gave us lots of helpful information. We think the photos are misleading, as the view from the front balcony is of the parking lot, and the rear patio is enclosed by 5 ft fencing and backs up to another building.
The location is fabulous! Easy access to shopping, beach, entertainment and restaurants.

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
6 Mar 2014
Jack and Mahala were great tenants. AS much as I can't control the weather I am glad they had a great time visiting all the other attractions in the area. I appreciate the patience while we got the hot tub replaced and am happy to say the new one is now up and running and beautiful! It looked so good we had to buy a new stainless steel gas grill to put next to it !
AidaR466
“Nice&warm”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Great place...the house is clean, full of beautiful details, comfortable and really close to the beach, restaurants and other attractions.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Dec 2013
Thanks for your kind words Aida. I want it to feel as much as home to you and all our visitors as it does to my family! Hope you can come stay with us again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome rental”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

My family and a couple friends rented Grampa Jack's beach house in august and had an amazing time! The price is very reasonable compared to other rentals and hotel prices in the area. Large bedrooms, two full baths, nice kitchen and eating space, Tv's in every room and the hot tub was all great!

We stayed for a week and didn't even get to see everything. You are two short blocks from the beach entrance, restaurants and bars up and down the beach and a short walk from a shopping area. This area is perfect for any age group and it is also very clean.

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing