“Great golf for a large group”
Review of Legends Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Legends Resort
Ranked #88 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
long island new york
“Great golf for a large group”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Legends makes it easy for a large group of golfers to stay organized during their trip. Unlike other destinations I've been to, the condominiums on site allow the group to stay in two bedroom villas close to each other and to meet for breakfast in the morning. The clubhouse has large tables for large groups, great food and great staff. The starters organize tee times professionally and in good spirits, and take the pressure off that aspect of organization. The courses are, as you would expect, well groomed, and holes are challenging but nice.
Legends is a really great destination. And very affordable, as well.
I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: villas near the bar
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I'm a 20hcp golfer that stayed here with 10hcp-25hcp golfers and we loved it.

Course - The courses (Parkland & Heathland - Mooreland was rained out) was much better than what we are used to up here. The Double Tee (start from front /back 9 at the same time) didn't bother us at all since we got out at 8am and the pace of play was very good. We (4 golfers) finished in 4-1/2 hours with no rushing and rarely had to wait on the next tee box. The fairways were well maintained, the bunkers were well placed, and the greens were challenging for us.

Lodging - The condo was clean and very comfortable. We got a 3 bedroom (4 beds + 1 pullout couch), 2 full bathroom, full kitchen, stacked laundry, cable TV, and a screened in porch for almost nothing. Towels and soap was included in the room. They don't come and clean every day (only on exiting) but we weren't messy guys. It worked out for us since I am not a fan of house cleaning being around when I'm out.

Amenities - they had tennis courts, pools, and hot tubs but we didn't bother with it. We used the unlimited and night lit driving range mostly. There was also a large putting green and sand trap for use.

Food - Breakfast was simple but I couldn't complain since it was included in the resort price. Lunch was very good since it was a full menu and again included in the resort price.

Dinner was not included but there was plenty of places to eat within 5 miles of the resort.

The only thing I didn't like was the bag drop-off area for early tee times. No one was around to watch the bags as people went to breakfast. I'm sure no one would have paid attention when there was large groups around after 8am tee time if someone just casually grabbed a bag and walked to their car. We kept our clubs in the car until we were ready to have them put into the cart. They won't let you put the bags on yourself since they want tips but is a few bucks really going to put a dent in your wallet since the package price was so cheap?

Overall we really enjoyed the courses and hospitality. Best bang for your buck but if you're really picky about waiting at tee boxes or don't feel comfortable being around large groups (many tournaments happen there from what I hear and saw) I'm sure there are a few other resorts around the Myrtle Beach area that you can check out for a few bucks more.

Stayed 4 days / 3 nights in mid Feb from Friday-Monday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bluefield, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from Legends and all I can say is WOW! Everything was first class from the condo to the courses (Heathland and Mooreland). As other posters have mentioned the breakfast and lunch was very good and not just a muffin and cereal and a cold sandwich but eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, steak and ruebuen sandwiches yum.The staff were all polite and very helpful with any and all questions. The only reason they do not receive a five star is their affiliation with Oyster Bay Golf Resort. Oster Bay was a awful experience from not having parking (had to park on hillsid thank goodness I have a 4x4) ,to rude employees, no markings, and extreme slow play(we actually had 4 foursomes on one hole). I will return to the Legends next year but will never play or recommend oster bay to anybody.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Maynard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 20 years and have only recently been staying and playing at the Legends. In the past the cost out weighed the play. Not until the Palmer Group purchased the club was it an option. The condo's are always well kept, the breakfast and lunch is a full breakfast and lunch, not a few muffins and coffee. The courses are busy early, but ease up late morning. Having the driving range at your disposal is a nice plus as is the shuttle to and from your condo. We go in late February and have never payed more than $450 for 5 night/5 rounds/breakfast/lunch and range. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I also have not had any issues with clubs being taken. The staff has always been very accomodating.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank golfer22_plus
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 December 2011

When You first Pull Up and see the Huge Driving Range and Three Courses and Nice Clubhouse You think You may of found a golf Oasis! NOT THE CASE AT ALL! Legends Owner and Developer has forclosed on this resort and it is now owned by the bank.
I stayed here 4 months moving to Myrtle to play on the Hooters Tour as a Professional. All of the villas are furnished like the 80's with dirty dirty carpet. Old Appliances Back Breaking Beds and the Rudest leasing Ladies ever. One Named Susan and the Other Sara have the worst attitudes and could care less about you. I payed $900 a month with a $900 security deposit they tried their best to screw me out of. When you move in there is no check list I asked for one and they said they didn't have them but it was fine they know the condition of each villa. Each month they would print out a bogus bill from the electric company saying I (one person) used $170 in power in a two bedroom condo. LOL. The leasing ladies charged me $85 to Shampoo the carpets that were horrible when I moved in on top of the $125 cleaning bill the charge you to move in. Now the cleaning ladies are rude as well. They slam doors as hard as possible and told me once in broken English they had too. LOL

Now onto the Golf course and the Service. With Three courses they Double Tee causing the slowest golf I have ever played. Literally 6 hr rounds. This is also because they have no marshalls on any of the courses. This is because the resort is forclosed on and they don't have the money. This translates into a gorgeous huge putting green having no cut holes just flags stuck in the ground and with an enormous amount of grass your hitting off mats 3 weeks out of thwe month. The cart guys Throw your bag on the cart and actually won't let you put your own bag on the cart cause they are looking for tips that most certainly not desrved. Everyone in the pro shop and restaurant again have the worst attitudes I have ever encountered. I also noticed that many reviews said there bags were stolen. Mine weren't but I can tell you someone wanted to steal bags it could be done with no Problem. Their security car never moves ever so if you live there you or your belongings def are not safe.

Now for the one Positive thing is the Classic Swing Golf School and their head golf instructor Ted Frick. Ted is a great teacher super nice and well respected. Here is the non shocking thing. He has nothing to do with the resort what so ever LOL. His part of the driving range is seperate from the resort and is always hitting on grass has a putting green with holes cut. He has every teaching aid ever and great teaching rates.

Bottom Line this place is going broke and they don't care they overbook the course to make potential buyers of the resort believe that they have booming business. The only people that will like this resort is very high and drunk handicappers from the north and Canada. I have played all over the world and this place is a shameful example of how to run a golf resort. Slow play, Horibble accomodations, less than poor service and not one employee cares. Ted Frick and the Classic Swing golf school is amazing! Hopefully the Arnold Palmer Corp or someone else will buy this place fire everyone and get this beautifully property back on track

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
10.3 km away
Windsurfer Hotel
Windsurfer Hotel
#60 of 208 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Legends Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK