Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Buffalo, New York
“Okay....will not return”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Spent a week in April. The room was dirty at check in and stayed dirty for two days while I complained daily. I actually had to sweep and mop the floor because we traveled with a baby and I did not want him crawling on the floor. The bathroom sink did not get cleaned and the garbage was not emptied daily. There is no dish soap for washing dishes so make sure to bring your own. They also do not clean up the kitchen area at all. No housekeeping staff on at night. They forgot to leave sheets for the pull out. Took them over an hour to get them to us.
Check in was a nightmare. We did early check in and was told to return at 3. At 3 they told us another 20 minutes. 20 minutes later they told us another 20 minutes. Finally after arguing they gave us a different room.
The breakfast was okay, but the same things offered every morning. The pools were clean and some were heated.
There was a fire alarm one night and there was no front desk staff directing people. She was in the back and would come out ever few minutes but was of no help. People were in the lobby wondering if we needed to evacuate with no assistance from staff.
The hotel really caters to the owners and does not seem to care too much about the rest of us.
The room was old and needs an update!!!
I would not return again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
4 Thank Hosehead316
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
I appreciate your feedback in regards to your April vacation at Sea Watch Resort. I apologize for our failure of customer service that you experienced and assure you that it is very disturbing for us to learn about a dissatisfied guest. If you should consider returning to Sea Watch I would be delighted to personnally handle your reservation.

Kathy King
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Beautiful, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Ocean front one bedroom king. View was great, room was very, very small!!! The pool area was very nice, lots of pools and hot tubs. No kids water play area, but a shallow indoor pool. Kitchen in our room was barely stocked with the proper meal preparing & cooking utensils, broken garbage disposal. Staff was uninformative about the general area....we couldn't even get a recommendation for a waterfront restaurant! House keeping still hadn't come to our room by 12:30pm on the 2nd day there. Beach was nice, very flat, not fluffy. I would stay at a different place on our next stay in Myrtle.

Room Tip: a different hotel :)
2 Thank superspaceystar
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience. Although I am glad that you enjoyed the views and the pools I am very sorry that you were not pleased with the room and that the staff did not seem informative about the area to suggest an oceanfront dining restaurant. We take every comment very seriously and we appreciate the feedback so that we have an opportunity to address this with our staff. I hope you may consider a future stay at Sea Watch Resort as we would love an opportunity to exceed your expectations as we should have this past stay.

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have been staying at this place for over 12 years. I have stayed in other condos but none have ever compared to Seawatch. The rooms are always nice and clean. The pools are great. My family stays here at least once a year. Love this place !!!!

Room Tip: When making reservations, you can request if you prefer a lower level room, which is great.
1 Thank Jennifer B
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Wow 12 years you have been staying with us! We appreciate you very much and we are so glad that year after year you continue to enjoy visiting us. We are proud to be your home away from home and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We took a great last minute trip when we didn't like the weather in NC ans stumbled upon this nice establishment. For a great price we got a room in the South Tower that had a decent ocean view but mostly a view over the pool. The pools were nice but the hot tubs needed more water in them. It was nice to hang out by the pool and in the hot tub (since it was a bit chilly that night) till it closed at 11pm. There website is a good resource and everything they say is true. Just an FYI... a cab to Medieval Times was quite expensive so if you are looking for closer to that area make sure you have a DD.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better oceanviews than others. We were told we had a great room but mostly had the p...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank WaughRN
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone about your first stay with us. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the hot tubs and that you found our website to be so helpful when making the decision to stay with us. I apologize about the cost for the taxi cab but I hope that you enjoyed the dinner and show they have. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

The room view was good. Other than that, I was disappointed in about everything else. Dated furniture. Very large half-dead cockroach found on entry to room. Coffee packets not replaced and toilet not cleaned. Cleaning was minimal. Staff were inexperienced. Both room keys did not work , and had to get them re-done. Reservations online handled oddly. I got an email stating that "wildly in accurate Internet quotes not honored". My question is why don't you maintain your own website? Should not be any emails about "your reservation is pending approval". Give me a break. Someone needs to step up and show this place how to run a business!

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank jfisher100
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience both when you booked your reservation and during your stay. I assure you that we take every comment very seriously and please accept my apologizes for our inadequate service during your stay. I have sent you a private email after I read your online comment survey. We run our own website so I am not sure of the confusion but as I wrote in the email I sent I am hoping we can speak further so that we can have an opportunity to correct the issues you experienced. I do hope you will consider a future stay at Sea Watch Resort.

Sabrina Hilliard,