“No Worries”
Review of Sea Watch Resort

Sea Watch Resort
Ranked #36 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel as an impulse vacation. I have stayed in Myrtle Beach many times so you brace yourself for some disappointments. However this time everything was perfect! The room was as advertised and the property was beautiful and well maintained. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Check-in and check out was fast and effiecient. The location was great. It was close to many major attractions but still quietly located off the main drag on the beach. Our room matched the website pictures and everything worked. Most importantly, it was quiet and we got a good nights sleep. I plan to return to Sea Watch on my next beach vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the North Tower which has the restaurants. I recommend staying on the higher floors for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bob D
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your first stay here at Sea Watch Resort. It can be concerning sometimes when you have not stayed somewhere before to know what it is like but I am so excited that we exceeded your expectations and that you and your family will stay with us again on your next Myrtle Beach vacation!

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had a wonderful time here. The room was exactly what what pictured in the photos, It was clean, and the maid service came to sweep, mop, empty trash, and exchange towels everyday. We didn't have any issues with noise that we've had in other hotels. The view was great, and it is a great location. Every employee we came into contact with was very friendly. The breakfast on the deck was AMAZING and a very good price. There are so many pools. Some heated, some not, some in the sun, some in the shade. We just loved it. We only wish they had a bigger kiddie pool. The one they do have is VERY small, just for babies really. We can't wait to go back again this spring! We will be staying at Sew Watch again!

Room Tip: Bring you own umbrella and chairs to avoid paying for theirs! Our room happened to have an extra in...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kalieborynski

We are so glad that you and your family had a fantastic stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let the restaurant staff know how much you enjoyed the breakfast on the veranda. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We spent our 44 honeymoon at the sea watch. We had been there before as guests of folks who own a time share there. The stay overall was good and the room was, for the most part, clean and well appointed, however, we did find that housekeeping had failed to clean out the garbage from under the sink left by the former tenent. Empty beer cans, cardboard beer cases and old pizza boxes in addition to a trash can half full. I am sure it was an oversight, but a little discusting nonetheless.

Sort of took the edge off an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gramps-nanna
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We are honored that you spent your 44th wedding anniversary with us. I realize that there was an issue with housekeeping not emptying the trash can underneath the kitchen sink. It truly was an oversight as we have some new staff members that are still training. Thank you for your understanding and we are so glad that you both had a great stay! We look forward to seeing you both for your 45th!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My family and I have been going to the Sea Watch for the past 10 years. We usually go in July or Early August. During this time there are a lot of young families. The weather is usually gorgeous sometimes there is rain due to hurricane season. Luckily the last two years we had nothing but clear blue skies! I am now 22 and still enjoy my time at the beach. The staff is super friendly and always accommodating.

Some negatives that people are saying about the hotel is that it is a little outdated. I agree that the units have barely changed since we started going there many years ago. However, my family is down at the beach from early morning until about 5pm showers and leaves for the night. So only spent time in the room for breakfast lunch and bed. We never had any problems with cleanliness of the unit.

Some have said that the pool is full of sand. The reason for that is because people think the pool is a way to shower off from the beach rather than rinsing off in the shower stations. I see staff constantly cleaning out the pools in the early mornings.

There is also a DJ at the pool. The DJ has changed as of last year. I would have once said the DJ was a negative but they got a new one! For returning families the old DJ was very repetitive of what he did every single year. But, having a DJ at the pool livens up the place!

All in all we have been returning to this resort for the past 10 years. We even thought of going somewhere else for the past few summers but we always end up back at the Seawatch. Can't beat the location! We are already booked for this summer!

Aso, for those that have never been here before the ocean tide changes drastically throughout the day. Year after year my family and I get a chuckle from the people that set up their beach things and go up for lunch and come back and the tide has washed their things down the beach!

Room Tip: One suggestion is if you have younger children that may take naps during the day I would suggest sta...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Lyssa A
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about Sea Watch Resort and the staff! Most importunately we appreciate your loyalty as a retuning guest of 10 years. We have been working at refurbishments in the units and will continue to do so and we are working on a variety of pool side entertainment this summer that I am sure you will enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again soon for your summer vacation.

Kathy King, General Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just returned from a long President's Day weekend at Sea Watch Resort. My husband and I had a wonderful time. The hotel location is very convenient to many attractions, restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was great, warm, friendly and accomodating. The $8.95 southern style buffet breakfast was a definite plus! The hotel itself is a little dated but the the rooms were clean and functional. Great ocean view as well! The winter pricing is a real bargain, the only down side was that it was too cold to walk on the beach so I would recommend visiting during the warmer months if you want to do a lot outdoors.

Room Tip: Definately choose an ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cher B
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

We are so excited that you and your husband enjoyed your first trip staying at Sea Watch. Thank you so much for the warm comments you shared about the staff and the property. We have really enjoyed a mild winter for the most part but I know it was chilly last weekend. We look forward to having you and your husband stay with us again soon!