We booked a one bedroom oceanfront suite on the 6th floor for 3 days in early March. Due to the fact that our plane landed at 7:30 AM we did not look forward to waiting until 3 PM to check in. I called the front desk and asked if we could check in a bit earlier. I was surprised at how friendly and accommodating they were. I had bad experiences with the staff at another hotel down the strip who had the dispositions of untipped waiters. The Compass Cove folks told us we could come to the front desk and sigh in and that they would get our room ready on a priorty basis. They said we would be free to use all of the hotel facilities until the room was ready and they would help us any way they could. They were super nice. Our room was very clean and smelled fresh. It did not have a hint of the chlorine smell that many of the ocean front hotels (even the good ones) often do. i understand that our suite was privately owned but the hotel staff kept it in superb condition. On our second day the maid left us only two towels. We called the front desk to get more and within 5 minutes they arrived at the door. Then we got a phone call to confirm that the towels arrived and later that day we recieved four more towels. Can a hotel go overboard with service? I think the hotel claims to have 22 water amenities, pools, lazy rivers, hot tubs ect. We did not count them but they did have plenty. Almost all the pools were heated, both indoor and outdoor and were very clean. They were situated througout the property (the hotel owns 2 adjacent buildings) and this kept them free from being over crowded. The hot tubs were crystal clear and were kept at a reasonable temperature as to not par boil you. We ate at two of the hotels restaurants one a casual lunch spot over looking the ocean with a great outside deck. They served burgers, sandwiches and salads at a reasonable price, around $8.95. There was also a bar at this location. In the other building they had a restaurant that served a nice breakfest buffet for I believe the same price. It was nothing spectacular but the food was good and it was very convenient not to have to leave the property. As far as the negatives I can only think of one and that was the parking situation. Although we caught one of the Spring Break weeks I do not believe the hotel was booked. I can't imagine how hard it must be to park in this place during the height of summer. The hotel has three parking garages, two connected to the main buildings and an overflow lot across the street. Just lets say the parking garages will test your driving skills and ability to park in tight spots. If you drive a large SUV with a poor turning radius good luck. If you come back to the hotel after 9 PM chances are you will not get a spot in the main garages. We had to park in the "overflow" garage one night. This garage has no elevator so you must use the stairs and when we walked down 3 flights we found it exited the rear of the building into a darkened area next to dumpsters. It was not a great situation. But this was the only problem we experienced and I would definitely go back to Compass Cove, very nice hotel, great staff and a very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront