“Great place to stay for a getaway”

Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #135 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
“Great place to stay for a getaway”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Whenever I go away I start my research with sites like TripAdvisor. Since I know others do too I felt I had to put out my first ever review because of the older comments relating to the Atlantica Resort. I am truly shocked to hear the conditions some other reviewers found at the Atlantica. I had a great experience thanks to the staff who were not only helpful with recommendations for restaurants/activities but also kept the common areas (pool/locker room/hallways) clean and safe for everyone. One night a guest was even married on the beach and the reception was held at the Resort. Beautiful! Our room was clean and the view was awesome - especially when I saw the dolphins one morning. I had also forgotten about the swans that greeted us when we arrived until I just saw another person's review. All I can say is I am glad I gave this Resort a chance because I definitely plan to go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueSkies73
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Atlantica III from August 20 - August 29 and couldn't have asked for a better week. We stayed on the 7th floor directly above the lazy river. The room was spacious, very clean and has a beautiful view of the ocean. Ocean front is the only way to go!! We walked the beach to watch the sunrise and sat on the balcony for sunsets. The pools are clean and the hot tub was so relaxing. This hotel is in the heart of Myrtle Beach with lots of shopping, restaurants and beautiful golf courses and the boardwalk is just steps away. The housekeeping staff exceeded my expectations, each day making sure we had everything we needed - including the swan towels. I had heard that this place wasn't great but, honestly speaking, I couldn't disagree more. Whatever changes have been made - keep up the good work. We loved the Atlantica.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelissaGreco
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Wanted to get away for a few days with friends to have fun and relax. The Atlantica was just the answer! Located just steps from the beach, it was perfect. Waking up to spectacular views was my favorite part of the day. The Atlantica also has a lazy river pool, which was my second favorite thing to do! It was so relaxing, just floating around and equally refreshing when the sun got too hot. The grounds are well kept and the pool area very clean and welcoming. The Atlantica is also very well situated. Only 10 minutes from the airport and whatever the mood, there is something nearby to satisfy. Great restaurants, shopping, attractions and fun all in close proximity. And if you just don't feel like going out ... no problem, we ordered in or cooked in our very own kitchen, and sat on our terrace. The moonlit nights are equally beautiful! Also worth mentioning is how caring and gracious the hotel staff were. They were very attentive to our every need. For me, a few days in MYR was a perfect tiny slice of heaven ... and all thanks to the Atlantica.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed in Atlantica II Unit 153 . First impression of family was a little disappointment at the size of the room. Pictures online make the room seem so much bigger , however I have found that to be pretty common when viewing pictures online.Also whoever does the cleaning of the unit could do a better job, such as cleaning the windows along the balcony and wiping down the furniture on the balcony between guests. That beautiful view is first impression when you walk in and would be nice to be able to see it through clean windows. Main complaint was sofa bed mattress... springs were literally about to pop out of the mattress. After the second night when the blankets my daughter had put on it weren't helping we called Condolux and they sent an airbed that afternoon as it was late when we called and the next day they had a furniture company there with a brand new mattress. Thank you Condolux for great customer service! Everything was in good working order as far as the appliances in kitchen and washer dryer, tv's etc.However TV in second bedroom was too tiny. Hairdryer in bathroom didn't work but we had our own anyway. Beds were clean and furniture was in good condition and very comfortable. Unit was very soundproof. No problems with noise from other units or hallway. Loved being in walking distance of shopping and restaurants and grocery. Everyone at Condolux and the front desk at Atlantica were great! Our main reason for choosing Atlantica was we were guaranteed a low floor (this unit was on first floor) . My husband has a problem with heights. It was a nice stay and we will stay at Atlantica again because we love the location and the convenience to shopping restaurants etc.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family