“LOVED IT!!!! l”

Ranked #39 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
CHESTERTOWN NY
“LOVED IT!!!! l”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Our family stayed here for the first time this year & will definently go back. Everything was very clean and the heated pools & lazy river were great. Close to everything we wanted to do. Very nice

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
charlotte, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My family looks forward to staying at the Long Bay Resort. With the economy being so bad this is the best trip for the money. It is always clean & has the feel of home. And you can enjoy the view & also get the relaxation you need. It also has the feel of safety. the furniture and decor is so nice it feels like luxury

Room Tip: We love the corner suites it makes you feel special. The room makes you feel special & has so mu...
1 Thank jackie t
ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this location. It was kept very clean and all the pools are heated. They also have three jacuzzis to enjoy and a fun lazy river. We booked an efficiency overlooking the beach and it was very nice. Having read the other comments I made sure that when I booked I said that I didn't want our view blocked by one of the smaller attached buildings and we were placed on the 4th floor of one of the lower buildings which was just fine. It's a little walk from the garage to the room with a few stairs but it was fine for us. You do have to be careful in the garage because going up and down it is "two way" and it could be a little dangerous if you're backing out and someone is going fast through the levels of the garage. Maybe they could make it one way in the future. The location is only two blocks to Business 17 where you can find multiple restaurants, etc. and so you don't always have to drive somewhere. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want an oceanfront view and not pay a higher rate, pick the lower building and an efficiency...
3 Thank karen75Ct
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The price was very reasonable for this time of year! The staff was very friendly..one of them even acted like my bellhop in the elevator. Accommodations were nice. The bed was the softest I have slept on in a hotel in a very long time. The lazy river and pools were clean and spacious. There are enough pool chairs where you don't have to be on top of everybody when you are out soaking up the sun. I would (and have) recommend Long Bay to stay out the next time you are at Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Call the hotel....don't book online.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RedHeels24
Connecticut, US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the fourth floor South Tower. The room was very spacious, my kids each had their own full size bed, and my husband and I had a king bed. We had two balconies, they were facing another hotel, but if we turned to the left we had a great view of the ocean. I slept with my windows open every night, and there was a little street noise, but I could still hear the ocean. The pools were fabulous, my kids couldn't get enough of the lazy river, and I loved the heated pool (like a bath tub, perfect for me). The ocean is right behind the hotel, we spent time on the beach every day, it's just stunning! We ate at Martin's (the restaurant in the hotel), twice for the breakfast buffet, and once for dinner, it was quite tasty.

The only down side was our room had a musty smell to it, we kept the sliders open and that helped, but I think its time to replace the carpets.

We will definitely be back, the price was amazing for what we got! And I loved the location, away from the "action" but not too far.

1 Thank Kat1999