“Beautiful views”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, China
“Beautiful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is literally right on the beach, and it was amazing to wake up to ocean views each morning! It's quite expensive normally but luckily we booked during a sale. My children loved it and the wife did too. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed, so we would definitely stay again. Recommended.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HKG_MFM_2013
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Turkish first
mainlinegirl610
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Wake up in the morning watching the sun rise. This was a nice hotel (make sure you differentiate between the beachfront property and the one across the street). When I first walked in the hallway seemed a bit old but the room itself was quite spacious with a beautiful view. The staff (although they do ask for a $5 room key deposit - I think they want to know when you check out and it is a way of getting you to come in and let them know). Bathroom was good - nice water pressure. Bed was comfortable. With an off season rate, the price was great for the location. The breakfast was average.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank mainlinegirl610
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed in a 2-room suite on the beach with the ocean view out of my patio and an indoor heated pool across the hall. Full-size kitchen and 2 wide-screen flat T.V.s. Staff was great and proved it time and time again. Stayed for a full week and I needed to wash clothes before a day trip started. The on-site washer-dryers were closed untill 8:00 A.M. The night auditor came across the street from his office and opened up the laundry room at 5:oo A.M.! He was still smiling when he left. The owner happened to be at the front desk when I asked for directions to a city nearby. He offered me a full-size map for free which he annotated with a Hy-liter. They were very gracious for my entire stay. Price? $69.00/night! Staff cleaned room every day. It was kept clean. When I left, the staff printed my boarding passes and told the owner that I was leaveing. He came up front and shook my hand and wanted to know if I had any difficulties during my stay. He really wanted to know...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim E
puravidaagain, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Of course, I wanted to know! I genuinely care that each guest has an exemplary experience; the reason my property is known for excellent customer service is because my staff and I share the desire to ensure that vacationers have a great time. We do everything we can- whether it is giving directions or printing your boarding passes- to make that happen. Thank you so much for your positive review; I appreciate that you are spreading the word about our property! See you next time!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I spent the night here two weeks ago as I came to Myrtle Beach for an interview and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The place was spotless and the people were super nice. Also, it had the best continental breakfast of any place I've ever been! I mean who has gravy and biscuits, sausage and eggs on a continental breakfast? These folks do! As my business in Myrtle Beach continues this weekend I will be staying there again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank C H
Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I had the pleasure to stay in one of the cottages at the Best Western Plus this time. It was just like home. Everything was clean, well maintained, & convient. It was a small house. Large bathroom, bedroom, (with king size bed), livingroom area, & kitchen. Everything you need to make a pleasant stay away from home. Out back a private patio, with a grill if you so desire. Rocking chairs, table & chairs. A pleasant place if you wish to entertain, or just relax & read a good book in the afternoon sun. I will definately stay again & I hope it is in the same cottage. Just walk across the street & you can have a nice stroll on the beach. This was very relaxing after a long hard week at work.

Room Tip: I have had the pleasure to stay in just about every area, from bottom to penthouse suite. This was t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank kaylaralph
puravidaagain, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review about our property not only once, but two times! It is so good to hear that we have become your "home away from home" and that you enjoyed your most recent stay as much as you did your first. My staff and I work very hard to try to provide our guests with a comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable place to stay in Myrtle Beach. The things you mentioned- the cleanliness, amenities, and high-quality rooms- are ways that we work toward this goal. I'm glad that they have kept you coming back. Thanks again, and I'll look forward to seeing you next time!