“EXCELLENT STAY”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. The view was amazing. I would highly recommend this location for anyone. Well worth the money! Only complaint, is the spa is open 9 to 5. I didn't want to plan my day around openings at spa. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My mother and I arrived for a long weekend for just the girls. We booked the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. The room was very nice. The main bedroom had a king size bed and a sliding door that opened to the ocean. It had an attached bath with a tub/shower combo. The other bedroom was on the interior of the suite, with no ocean view. It just had a porthole window that looked out the side of the hotel. It had bunk beds and a queen size bed. The bathroom was next door and it only had a shower. Off of the living room was a large balcony with two white rocking chairs and a table. We sat out there a lot. It was a straight on view of the ocean. We left the door open at times just to hear the ocean waves crashing in. The kitchen had a cooktop, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, full size fridge and coffeepot. Very convenient.

The breakfast was okay. A few times it was cold, but it's hard to keep that sort of thing hot. They had various items such as scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, sausage gravy and biscuits and make your own waffles. They also had cold cereal, fresh fruit, cut fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. There aren't a ton of tables, so you need to get there early to snag a table.

There isn't much at all within walking distance of the hotel. We rented a car and we wouldn't have been able to manage without one. We did walk one morning to breakfast at the Spring Garden restaurant across the street. They only serve breakfast and lunch. It was diner type food and wasn't bad.

Overall, I would absolutely stay again. We didn't use the pools, but the whole pool level outside was covered in various pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs. We saw quite a few people enjoying them and they seemed to be nice.

Room Tip: We had room 728. It was on the end of the south tower and our bedrooms were on the outside wall. I...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dizneylvr1971_10
Reviewed 8 May 2012

First I would return to this hotel again. Great location and staff. However the room layout became a problem for us. We reserved a double queen bed ocean front view. We requested early check-in and arrived at 1:00 and was assigned a room without wait. The room was perfect, away from elevator and upper floor. We were in the South Tower but the room was updated and very clean. Great balcony with rocking chairs and nice view of ocean and poolside. We were in heaven. However, I noticed that the room had connecting doors to adjoining rooms on both sides. As it turned out, on one side there was a Suite that had four young men that were part of a Bachelor Party (the other side room was vacant that night). Well the group returned at 3:00am and were talking until 7:00am when we finally went to breakfast. I could hear them talking ALL Night. They were not rowdy but just talking and the adjoining door might as well have been a curtain. This is a major flaw in my opinion as the Suite "living" area buts up against the adjoining room door and if the guest are late nighters (or rowdy children) good luck. So... we went to the front desk and found out they were not checking out the next day so we requested to move to another room. We were given another room in the South Tower that was the same layout next to a Suite but that night we heard nothing and slept fine. (The beds are very comfortable).
As for the location the beach is great and the pool area is very nice and child friendly.
Bottom line. Good hotel, North Tower may be better for noise but layouts seem to compare. Suites may be safer for noise but you are rolling the dice if you have a room with adjoining doors.

Room Tip: Rooms with doors to adjoining rooms can be noisy if next to loud people. Upper floor gives good vie...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife and I had booked 9 days at the Surf Side Resort in Sufr SIde. Long story short.....we checked in and staed 2 hours. So awful we drove right to Myrtle Beach. Wandered into the Hampton and notice right away if was clean! The wood floor was spotless.

We had driven 11 hours, were exhausted and totally disgusted with the Surf Side. We went to the front desk and were greated by Alex. I gave him a short story of our plight and asked him if there was rrom for us. He gave us the rates and we said yes. He asked us if we would check in tomorrow. I could imagine sleeping at the Surf Side. So we checked in for the night. I blew $138 on the Surfside, but hey live and learn, Alex was very nice and gave us a break on the upcoming weekend rate to help offset our loss at the Surf Side.

We went back got our stuff and came back and checked right in. Clean, comfortable, and the staff couldn't be nicer. We don't get our room made up every day, but the staff is more than happy to exchange towels. grab the trash, lend you a vaccum and be done.

Tons of pools, right on the beach, free breakfast, 24 hour coffee and tea, and safety deposit boxes 24 hours a day. We'll be back.. If your bibycle riders there is a 20 mile bike path running 8 miles north and beyond if you want.

Room Tip: 12th floor is great. Laundry on floor and ice machine on the 11th.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank walts44
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Yes of the hundreds of hotels on the ocean in Myrtle Beach, I found this one to be the best.
No I haven't stayed or even visited them all but I feel I don't have a reason to as I've found what I like. For some reason the MB hotel association feels it is necessary to inflict a credit card "deposit" for making a reservation, but since they ALL do it I guess you have to if you want a room in MB. I recently made a reservation in Las Vegas and they also require a deposit but other than Disney I have never had such a restriction placed on my travels before. But the rooms are great and the parking is plentiful and easy to get in and out whenever you like. The hotel is right on the beach within easy walking distance (about 16 blocks) to either of two fishing piers. The complementary buffet in the morning is a mad house but I don't know what they could do to improve on that. My party of eight had two rooms facing the ocean and on the top floor that were awesome. If you visit MB you have to go to the latest attraction near the board walk, The Sky Wheel (see photo) and the visit in the evening is particularly delightful.
We also spent a good deal of time at Broadway on the Beach but this is supposed to be about the Hampton Inn and Suites, so take my word for it this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The four suites on either end of the top floor have a private deck.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family