“Wow, what a surprise on the beach!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rosemount
“Wow, what a surprise on the beach!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Other reviews way underestimate this hotel in my opinion. We were so surprised at the luxury, the amazing oceanfront view, and amenities. The beach is beautifully cared for here, the many pools are wonderful. Very family friendly hotel. Excellent hot breakfast and incredible southern hospitality. And a very reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room up as high as possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank brisk_51
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Arabic first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Arrived at hotel on Memorial Day, perfect timing as Bike Week had just wrapped up. This hotel is just south of the main cruising strip on Myrtle Beach so we didn't have to battle the crowds in traffic or on the beach. We had 2 BR/2 Bath suite with kitchette, family of 4 (2 kids, 8 & 5).

Can't beat the great linens, fresh comforter covers of Hampton Inn. Breakfast was covered every morning with no problems there. There's a spa on-site, but we didn't try it. No restaurant, but plenty within short driving distance. Many parking garage spots were covered.

We stayed in the North tower, which I heard someone on the front desk staff say was actually the newer of the two towers. Also heard that the South tower has the newer decor as it was shut down and updated after the North tower opened. North tower has 3 elevators, South tower has 2. Decor in North tower seemed okay to me, though. Bit of a nautical theme. Only complaint about the rooms was that the main suite got warm during the day. Had to turn the A/C down to cool that room, but made it a bit on the chilly side in the rest of the suite. No big deal. We just kept the blinds closed in the main suite during the day to keep it cooler. Ceiling fans throughout. Washer and dryer on our floor was convenient.

Hit the grocery store on the first day and we had lunches and snacks for the week. Kitchenette was pretty decently equipped. I'd rather have a toaster oven than an electric can opener, though. :-)

Pools were great for the kids (and adults). There are several pools and a hot tub actually under the hotel that you can't really see in pictures of the property. When we were there, the only place you could usually get pool/beach towels was from the front desk; rarely had a cart out by the pool that seemed to be first grab, first get. Gets primarily shady in the afternoon so if you want afternoon sun you need to hop across the bridge from the pool area to the beach. Convenient showers to rinse off when coming back from the beach; wish the foot washes were a bit easier to use and maybe a little more water conserving. (were regular garden spigots with turn handles). Usually had fresh cookies out in the lobby in the afternoon so that was our PM snack. Ah, only major problem with the pool area was that there weren't any bathrooms on the level of the pool. Seemed like the kids required the facilities daily and we had to hop on an elevator and wander wet and barefoot to the bathrooms near the exercise room on the 2nd floor. Maybe they didn't want non-hotel patrons having access to facilities. We're lucky we didn't have little ones needing diaper changes anymore as I never cared to do that poolside (gross) and it was a bit of a hike to find a bathroom.

A separate company rents umbrellas and chairs on the beach. Is worth it if you don't want to lug stuff around. If you rent multiple days you get a discount. If you don't mind lugging stuff, you can set your umbrella up right in between the umbrellas that the life guard sets up. Not supposed to put umbrellas closer to surf than the guard stand... Not really a great place to store your beach stuff back in the suite. A bit of a vinyl floor entryway, otherwise you have to tiptoe over to your balcony and set everything out there.

I'm personally not a huge fan of Atlantic Coast beaches, used to a bit of the humid funky smell that permeates places that are on the beach, but this property lacked funk as far as I can tell. Was my preferred place to stay as opposed to a funky condo b/c we had daily housekeeping and linen changes. I actually had a pretty good time! (strong words coming from me)

Room Tip: 2 BR/2 BA was great, most all rooms oceanfront
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Cincinnati_Christine
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2011

What a beautiful place to stay and because I was alone, I felt so safe. It was peaceful and they have remodeled since my last visit. I was amazed and it was breathtaking. Hilton has cornered the market on class and style without having to pay outrageous prices. The breakfast was good, fresh fruit and fresh made waffles top my list. My room was fantastic overlooking the pools and right on the beach. The bed was so soft I didn't realize I was asleep until i woke up. It was so peaceful you could only hear the ocean waves. Can't wait to go back this weekend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank UniqueIzMe
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I don't know of a thing I could say that hasn't been said by ALL the positive comments but I WILL echo other comments. This is just the nicest hotel with so many ammenities. The public areas were so well thought out to provide such a pleasant stay from the wicker rockers on the outside balconies overlooking the pools and ocean to the indoor balconies with same beautiful, relaxing view and rocking chairs as well. These areas were plentiful along with many comfortable sitting areas in lobby....games, books, cookies, I could go on and on but you get the idea. Hampton got it right on this one and all the comments did too. Anything negative I can't imagine. This particular Hampton provided us with exceptional lodging which just enhanced our stay in Myrtle Beach. All the staff were so warm and welcoming. I had the unfortunate experience of discovering I had left a few items in one of the drawers in room when packing. These were shipped to me free of charge. Now that is service above and beyond. Thank you Hampton for doing a wonderful job. Just a very lovely, well run place.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Barb94
China, Maine
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn. The staff are friendly, efficient and accommodating. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. It is located right on the beach, and all the attractions in Myrtle Beach are close by. The continental breakfast includes a vast variety of foods including eggs and meat. The indoor pools and whirlpools were a nice way to relax at the end of the day. The parking is a little confusing at first but that was the only drawback. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family