Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
US$ 58
US$ 214
US$ 191
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 113
Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 106
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 119
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 98
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 87
US$ 125
US$ 254
US$ 167
  • Pool
US$ 207
US$ 177
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently stayed in the Atlantica Building ( 2 bedroom condo) during the Easter Holiday. This was first time staying at this particular resort so I did not know what to expect. The check in process was smooth and the front desk assistant was polite.

Our condo had a great floor plan but lacked adequate closet space. The secondary bedroom actually had a chair blocking the closet door. The condo appeared clean but after further inspection, there was an used band-aid on the dresser, and the main bathroom was not "100%" clean. Luckily, I brought my own sanitizer wipes, sponges, Lysol, etc and went to work. The fridge was empty but needed to be cleaned. Also, there were some weird bugs clustered together on the balcony. I still don't know what the heck they were but I was not able to enjoy the beautiful ocean views from the balcony.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Palmetto/Atlantica. If/when I return, I will add some bug spray to my list.

PS - The bugs were not roaches, spiders, or bed bugs. These bugs were not inside the condo unit, they were on the balconies and the outside structure of the building. Perhaps they are prominent near the coast.

1  Thank City_Chick70
Amy R, Administrative Assistant at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback in regards to your recent stay at our Atlantica resort. We take pride in providing great customer service and clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. Therefore, we are sorry that we fell short of your expectations. The bugs that you referenced are known as kudzu bugs, they are a southeastern Asian bug that is not harmful, but rather annoying. After appearing in Georgia two years ago, these ladybug like insects made their way to South Carolina just this past Fall. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope you will come back and visit us again soon! We will work diligently to make sure that you enjoy your stay!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Checked in at 4:30 p.m. (check-in time 3 pm) and was given a room that had not been cleaned at all..was in the building where could not use a luggage trolly because no first floor elevator (even for the cleaning and maintenance)..very loud people all around at all hours...call front desk and they may or may not answer and when they do, they are very condescending and rude, do nothing. Room cleaned only 1 day out of the 5 days we were there and front desk explanation was they "have many buildings and rooms to clean" REALLY? They advertise renovated rooms but furniture was old and rooms/carpet smelled. Carpet was coming up with tacks exposed that we stepped on and was told there was nothing they could do about it. Will NEVER stay there again nor recommend anyone else to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your time and valuable comments regarding your recent stay at our Palmetto Shores resort. We know that cleanliness and friendliness are an important part of customer service and we strive to deliver a high level of both to our guests. We are terribly sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We hope that you will reconsider and come back to stay with us again soon. We will work diligently to make sure that you are taken care of and have a pleasant visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and the family of my best friend checked in to the property on Sunday, April 8, 2012 at approximately 5:30p.m. Once we arrived to our rooms, we were immediately faced with several problems/inconveniences. These initial dilemmas included:
1. Lock on suite door broken.
2. Locks on doors leading to balcony broken.
3. Room keys not working.
4. Bathtub not cleaned and dirty linens in bathroom.
5. 4 bedroom "suite" did not meet the expectations that were explained prior to making reservation. (Set-up/layout).
6. Cable not working
We went to the front desk and addressed our concerns with the night manager, Jordan Starnes. Initially, the only option offered by Jordan to address our concerns was to refund our money to us and for us to find another place to stay. We advised him that we would rather have our problems remedied and to be refunded a portion of the cost of our stay for the inconvenience. He agreed to refund $68.87 (1/2 of the sales tax) and had maintenance and housekeeping come to our rooms to address the issues.
The maintenance technician Rivas came and inspected our rooms to see what repairs needed to be made. He said that he would "jimmy rig" the locks so that our kids (ages 3,5,6,7,9, and 12)could not get onto the balcony. At this point we felt that a manager needed to see the disrepair of the items and asked that Jordan come to the rooms to see the concerns that we had. It took over 2 hours for the concerns to addressed and remedied.
As our stay progressed, we were faced with numerous complications that made our stay at Palmetto Shores less than relaxed / suitable. The issues include, but aren’t limited to:
1. The wireless internet that I was told could be accessed from the lobby was not working properly. The wireless internet access was one of the amenities that I specifically inquired about prior to making my reservation. I am a full time student and knew that I would need to access the internet to complete and submit assignments during our stay. In addition to the inconvenience, my academic status was compromised because of this. Each time I went to the front desk about this issue, I was given a different and inaccurate response about why I could not access the internet. One evening I had to go to another hotel to use their wireless internet and submit an assignment.
2. The game room was closed.
3. Housekeeping came extremely late in the day, if at all. They exchanged linens upon request but did not make beds during our entire stay, although asked twice on the third day. When we asked that they vacuum we were told they did not have a vacuum cleaner and they swept a portion of one of the floors with a broom and swept the debris onto the balcony. Our bathrooms were unattended the entire stay as well.
4. The heaters in rooms made extremely loud noise. We were awaken throughout the night thinking that the noise was gunshots. We were forced to choose between being cold throughout the night or the inability to sleep because of the noise.
5. Our room keys had to be reprogrammed several times throughout our stay.
6. The elevator would not stop on the 5th floor the entire stay. In addition to the 6 small children traveling with us, I am 5 ½ months pregnant and had to take the elevator to the 6th floor and take stairs to the 5th floor with luggage and other items.
7. Upon check in we asked that the balance be split onto two cards. The balance that was supposed to be split onto two separate cards was all charged to one card as two separate transactions.
Whenever we called the front desk about an issue or made an inquiry they treated us as if we were bothering them or should just deal with the problems. The day before we finally checked out, we again went to the front desk and talked to the night manager, Jordan. He disregarded our concerns at which point I asked for the general managers name and contact info. I sent the GM a letter via email upon my return home to Ohio, he has yet to call us or reply to the email but had Jordan call my husband. At this point I am actually considering disputing the charges with my bank to get my money back. I will never return to this property again. They couldn't pay me to stay there.

1  Thank Suzanne W

Thank you for your time and your valuable feedback in regards to your recent stay at our Palmetto Shores resort. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and friendly, helpful guest services at an affordable price. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I hope that you will reconsider and come back to stay with us again. We will work diligently to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Thank you Palmetto Shores for a wonderful stay last week. I stayed with you last year and also had a lovely time, but my experience this year was wonderful and I will indeed be back. First, for everyone making complaints about the facilities I would encourage you to invesitgate North Myrtle Beach and move further away from the Spring Break College Crowd. I reserved over the phone and asked for a mid to upper level room and received a 5th floor room (thank you). We also reserved the rise and shine rate. The Patio restaurant across the street is a great perk. We fueled up daily with a healthy, fresh breakfast. The check in was smooth, quick and efficient this year. (Thanks Tyler!) We received our breakfast coupons and keys within 5 minutes and were on our way to our room. The room was clean and well stocked with towels. Our only request on day 2 was a blanket for each of the beds which housekeeping sent up within 10 minutes. Our room was cleaned daily. Towels were replensihed daily. (a marked improvement from last year). The pools/hot tubs were all clean. Maintenance drained one pool on day one due to some broken glass left there over night, but there were no lack of lounge chairs and pools to choose from. The elevators were all in working order and the stairs were well let and clean. We checkout and the front desk was welcoming enough to stow our bags until later that evening since we had late flights. We were able to access all faciliies including a shower for the remainder of the day maximizingthe last hours of our holiday. (Thanks Jen) The Palmetto Shores is an affordable and pleasant place to spend a week. I will definitely return. Thanks again!

Room Tip: I loved our 5th floor room. Was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at our Palmetto Shores resort. We are glad to hear that you have visited our resort on more than one occasion and that you enjoyed your stay each time. We are glad to offer the Rise and Shine special to our clients so each one can enjoy the breakfast buffet at our restaurant, the Patio. They have really good food and awesome service! Thank you again for your kind words and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what a wonderful job you think we are doing. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night before checking in to our hotel the long bay resort (which is an awesome place)..I was appalled at this place it smelled so bad like urine and vomit we had to plug our nose! The walls are so thin you feel like the people are actually in your room. The room next door was full of teenagers screaming and yelling! I called down to the office and they acted like I was bothering them...After that a fight broke out in the room next door and it sounded like someone went threw the wall!! I could not get out of that place fast enough! Do your self a favor and don't stay here! It is dirty,smelly,old and just nasty!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank curtapryl

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at our Palmetto Shores resort. It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We try to make sure that each guest has a pleasurable experience while vacationing. We take pride in our rooms and appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention. We hope that you will change your mind and come back and stay with us again so that we may better serve you.