If any UK visitors reading this are unfamiliar with the Red Roof chain (as I was before staying here), think Travelodge. I think 'poor' is a little harsh but it was certainly no more than adequate in terms of comfort or location.
We were given room 214 on arrival but opening the door, we were immediately confronted by a strong, stale smell. The reception staff were apologetic and quickly gave us 223 instead, which was fine for the one night we were there.
There are coffee-making facilities in the lobby, but the only place within walking distance that you can get breakfast is the Waffle House next door.
Because the hotel is at the southern end of the resort, the amenities are also sparse if you walk down to the ocean front, so be prepared to use your car if you want to eat out.
Warning: don't make the same mistake I did....North Myrtle Beach is not the north end of Myrtle Beach, it's a separate place and it takes about 25 minutes to drive there. Fortunately, my dinner reservation was honoured, even though we arrived late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Myrtle Beach Market Commons is renovated with all new rooms, contemporary furniture, new bathrooms with granite countertops, a comfortable easy chair and more. This location features suites, an outdoor heated pool (mid March-October), a picnic area outside, interior corridors, 3 elevators, and a coin laundry. A Waffle House is located adjacent to the property. Oceanfront dining nearby is also available. Free continental breakfast is served daily from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Select rooms offer microwave/microfridge units. Experience our complimentary coffee-house style coffee & tea. All rooms offer free WiFi access. One well-behaved family pet with no pet deposit, 60 pounds or less, per room is welcome (sorry, pets are not allowed in poolside rooms). Check-in Time: 3:00 PM | Check-out Time: 11:00 AM Check-in Age: 18 years or older ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Red Roof Inn