OVERALL 4 out of 5
Staff/Customer Service 5 out of 5 (Kim, Kimber, and Stephen in particular)
Cottage/Facilities 5 out of 5
Breakfast 3 out of 5
Afternoon Snacks 4 out of 5 (very good selection of granola bars and freshly made cookies are a nice touch)
From the moment we arrived, we had wonderful service. Kim and Kimber were especially helpful in assisting us with things like beach towels, printing coupons for Magnolia Plantation, and getting a few beach chairs. If you need anything the front desk was always responsive to our requests.
The cottage is nicely decorated with lots of space and very clean. Please note that the cottages/grounds don't really have a swimming beach, however, you can walk the tiny beach in the morning (low tide) for a great selection of shells.
We made several meals at the cottage and had almost all the things we needed in the kitchen. We were just missing a cookie sheet.
Our cottage (#10) was further away from the hotel so we were not bothered by the music mentioned by the other reviewers. Even if you get cottage #1 the music is over by 9:30 -10 pm (Fri/Sat) so most people should not be bothered.
The breakfast was ok but do not expect much. Cereal, muffins, bagels, and sometimes something hot like eggs, or sausage.
The pool, hot tub and the rest of the grounds were nicely maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cottages on Charleston Harbor offer ten luxurious two-bedroom, three-bath Cottages with a full kitchen, living room and screened-in porch. Our guests' favorite feature at the Cottages on Charleston Harbor are the breathtaking vistas that include views of Fort Sumter, downtown Charleston and more in our nine harbor front Cottages. Guests find it hard to leave the rest and relaxation of their private porches and we don't blame them with incredible views and a relaxing rocking chair, or hammock it's the perfect setting to enjoy a cup of coffee, take a nap, or enjoy dinner; water lapping just feet away surrounded by incredible views. With convenient access to downtown Charleston, guest also enjoy daily house keeping, a delicious continental breakfast, afternoon snacks in the clubhouse, free parking and outstanding southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Cottages on Charleston Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages On Charleston Harbor Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Belvidere Hotel Mount Pleasant