“Wish healthy/organic/vegetarian didn't cost so much”
Review of Puree Cafe - CLOSED

Puree Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This is high quality good for you food. It is well prepared with a great variety to choose from. There is a section of their menu for juices and they even serve baby foods. I like that there is some kick to their foods. The seitan was nice and spicy. The jalapeño burger was very good, too.
Staff was wonderful and I especially love that they offer almond milk.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

This is a great new place in Mount Pleasant. The atmosphere is great and the food is delicious. My particular wrap left a little bit to be desired. It had a little lack in flavor. Our waitress was not very tentative. She was always in the back and didn't ask us what we wanted for sides. She picked for us. The owner on the other hand is very nice and knowledgeable. She talked to us after our meal to make sure everything was good. One thing you must try is their desserts!!! They are amazing.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

We really dig this place. Healthy without the sanctimony! Bright flavors, bright room and nice folks. Just sorry we waited so long!

1  Thank pluffmother
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We'd been in Charleston for the weekend, enjoying rich dinners, soul food, and fried oysters. We really wanted something healthy for lunch and were driving through Mount Pleasant past the Wendy's and Taco Bells - about to despair of finding anything close to a healthy restaurant. And then - Puree Cafe showed up and we were saved.
It's a small place - a cafe, and the decor is bright but bare bones. No matter. It's a haven for the folks that have felt left out: vegetarians, vegans, health nuts, and the gluten-free are tired of the same old steamed veggie plates. Maureen McNellis is an incredible chef with a great story (read about her on their website).
I had the Nori roll: seaweed & chickpea salad with sprouts, tomato, & cucumber with a sesame tamari dipping sauce for $10. Perfect late lunch food for me and delicious.
Where Puree really shined for us was for my wife, who has multiple food issues. She wanted the Bento bowl, fried tofu in a chili garlic sauce w/ brown rice over a bed of greens, shaved cucumbers, avocado, carrots, & ginger for $11, but asked for it without garlic or carrots. Not only was our server must understanding and accommodating - the chef created a whole different sauce just for this dish - sending the server back several times to check if an intended ingredient would suit my wife. The result was outstanding and we were thrilled.
I so wish Cafe Puree was in our hometown so we could frequent several times a week. Guess we just need to visit Charleston more often and make sure we pass through Mt. Pleasant so we can enjoy Cafe Puree.

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

In beautiful Mount Pleasant but a few minutes from the beach at Sullivan's Island or the magnificence of Charleston, Pure is a pretty little cafe with outside sitting that serves some of the area's tastiest food. If you are a committed vegetarian or just a smart person who likes to stick to healthy stuff, I think you will love the food and friendly atmosphere here. Wonderful brunch and I love their falafel and crispy wrap sandwiches. Also great baked goods!

1  Thank plaidandstripe