“Overpriced for an old hotel”

Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn for 1 night and will not stay here again. The room was clean, or appeared to be, but that it. The rooms are old and dated, the beds are horrible and the elavator was broken. I would say "you get what you pay for" but in this case that statement would be wrong. I stayed at a Hampton Inn in Knoxville Tn. 3 weeks ago and the rooms were amazing (we paid $5 more for that room) and they had a free breakfast. The only thing good I can say is that the check in clerk was super nice. All this hotel is good for is a college frat party!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
SalesMTPDI, Director of Sales at Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Our property, approxiamtely 30 years old, at the time was in the process of replacing tiles in the elevator. We apologize if this may have caused an inconvenience. We work on a daily basis striving to not only meet but to exceed guest expectations. Please know that your concerns will be addressed.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point

Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading the reviews, I was skeptical about staying at this place. But luckily, those fears were unfounded. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. The room was clean, smelled fine and had everything we needed for a short stay. The small, in-room refrigerator was most welcome as I like a cold beverage at night. Plus, we had some wonderful pillows! They were thick and made for very good sleep.

I was greeted right away for check-in and the process was quick and smooth. I was in and out within minutes. Check-out was just as easy. The outdoor pool was not open yet for the season but we didn't expect it to be in March. So no disappointment there.

It was just a few minutes across the bridge to get to Charleston where we spent most of our time.

Overall, we had nothing to complain about. The room was terrifically priced and had everything we needed. A very good stay,

Room Tip: Choose a first-floor room for easy accessibility.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank charlieg71

We understand if you may have been hesitant and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to prove ourselves. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Fortunately I got the last room available at 5pm due to a cancellation. Unfortunately when I came back from a great evening in Charleston to the beautiful grounds & great location - easy off, easy on route 17 at the Mt Pleasant end of the beautiful bridge from Charleston I found bugs in the radio & crawling on the table & wall between the 2 beds. I didn't know if they were bed bugs & had to call a second time & wait for someone to come to the room to identify them, during which time I didn't want to settle in or even sit on bed or furniture. The desk clerk apologized & said was they were roaches. I later identified them as Brownbanded cockroaches. Adults are about 5/8 inch long. All stages have two light, yellow-brown bands that run across their backs. The bands on adult males may be hard to see since their light brown wings completely cover their narrow bodies. The males can fly in a warm environment. Brownbanded cockroaches may be found anywhere in a structure, especially above floor level around cabinets, and in corners near the ceiling. Egg cases are often glued underneath drawers, and in furniture and appliances, including TV’s, microwaves, computers, and radios.

I had to request to have the radio removed and asked for a refund. I'm still waiting to see what they will do for me. They have no other rooms & I need a place to sleep. Still waiting to hear back on what will be done after an hour & a quarter.

Guess it depends on the luck of the draw.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank V G

We appreciate your review of our property and have addressed your concerns. Our pest control company treats on a preventative maintenance schedule and addresses all complaints from guest. It is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We continue on a daily basis to address guest concerns and property issues.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Wow, what a disgusting disappointment! This hotel is definitely one of the worst I have stayed in and I would never return. My group stayed in two separate rooms and the foul odor in both was overwhelming and impossible to ignore. As a person with allergies, I had difficulty breathing due to the awful aroma that saturated the room. I really have never experienced a hotel with such a distinguishable and overwhelming smell to it. The beds were horrible and caved in toward the middle. The bathroom lights stopped working during our final night (of 4 total nights) and there was mildew in between the shower tiles. Although we requested every night for room service, the staff NEVER changed our sheets or brought clean towels, even after specifically requesting it the final three days. Although the price seemed reasonable upon booking the hotel, we paid way too much for the quality, comfort and overall experience. I really have never been so disappointed with a hotel and am appalled that Days Inn would keep a hotel in such disgusting conditions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank freddy787

We apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory. Please know your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate departments. We would appreciate you giving us anothe opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My buddy and I stayed here while traveling on a personal/business trip. The price was great and the rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. I wasn't expecting a five star hotel or even a 3 star hotel for the price we paid, so my expectations were low. The room was definitely on par with any hilton or other 3 star hotel I've stayed in. It was convenient to get into charleston to visit friends/family etc and all-in-all we had no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jmstanl85

Thank you and we appreciate your review. We look forward to serving you in the future.