US$ 140
US$ 156
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$ 157
US$ 134
Best Western Patriots Point(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$ 161
US$ 160
Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 327
US$ 304
  • Pool
Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
US$ 123
US$ 106
US$ 401
US$ 381
  • Pool
All reviewsrestaurants and barsshem creekcomplimentary beershrimp boatscraft beerpaddle boardersgreat restaurants within walking distancewatching the boatssliding glassperfect locationan extra blanketloved our stayscrambled eggs and baconthe entire propertyparking lotdowntown charlestonbagels
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time at the Inn. It was a very unexpected surprise to show up and see all the restaurants and beautiful boats that we could visit just a short walk away. Great pool great view, great service. Can’t wait to go back. Book it! Close to everything without being too busy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent feedback Brooke! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We agree that the location for all the restaurants and boats is great and we recommend each and every one of them to our guests! I'll be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to the rest of the staff! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Shem Creek Inn for 4 days/3 nights (June 29 - July 2) during a girl’s getaway weekend to Charleston. The room cost over $325 a night and I would rate the value at less than half that. Our room was on the 1st floor on the Creek side. The furnishings are basic and functional, the lock on our sliding glass door (1st floor security issue) didn’t work which we reported to the front desk for maintenance to correct. After reporting it 2 days in a row we were told that they are aware of problems with some of the locks and their best fix was to place a broom stick in the door as a barricade. Are you freaking kidding me? We got a broomstick repair at almost $350 a night. No apologies, no offers for compensation, a broom handle repair. Sigh! The bath gel dispenser in the bathroom was empty & we had to request it be filled two different days before they actually did it.

Now let’s talk about parking, the hotel shares a parking with a couple of different restaurants and once it gets to dinner time there is no parking to be had. People were literally making their own illegal parking spaces. We basically decided to not drive & deal with the hassle on return so we used Uber the entire weekend.

The Creek side rooms are facing several very popular restaurants & bars that are on the other side of the Creek and these places were VERY busy and super loud music on both Friday & Saturday night until very late. I think they have a noise ordinance because they shut the volume down at 10pm on Sunday night.

I had used credit card rewards dollars to pay for the room in advance and upon checkout I was informed that I owed $36.50 in Resort fees for the 3 nights. They have some nerve presenting this place as a “Resort”.

Honestly, this was one of those trips where I felt like I had been ripped off as the value of this hotel is just not there in relation to the cost. The hotel has a 4.5 rating on TripAdvisor but I can’t see how it gets there, in my opinion it a 2 at best. It seemed to be very popular with the locals as the Cabana Bar patrons were mostly local. As a pretty regular traveler, I was severely disappointed and underwhelmed. I am giving it a rating of two because the beds were comfortable and we did enjoy Dolphin sighting from our balcony our first afternoon. At this price point I expect luxury and this place is not by any stretch luxurious. Bottom line, I cannot recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank RedRaider46

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for some of the inconveniences you had to experience during your stay. We are aware of some of the locks on the balcony doors. Unfortunately, the company who makes those locks went out of business so we have to order the locks from China, which takes about 3-5 weeks to ship. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to make sure the dispensers in the showers are being filled each time a room is clean. We also want to apologize if you had any issue with parking. If you would like to speak about your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope we can host you again and provide a much more accommodating stay in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I booked two rooms for my daughters 16th birthday. Manager Charlie, very helpful and flexible. We set up a table by the pool and enjoyed a sunny afternoon with family and friends. Beds are comfortable and rooms were very clean and the renovation completed in 2017 was very tastefully done. Great creek and marsh views and lots of good people watching.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jordan B, Manager at Shem Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are so pleased to see how much you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate the feedback on our recent renovations and I will be sure to let Charlie know about the wonderful hospitality he was able to ensure! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We booked a Marshview room. Wish we'd stayed Creekside, but we know better for next time. Stayed with our two young kids and it was a great way to see Charleston and the areas around, with the hassle or cost of staying in Charleston.

Rooms were clean, recent updates make for a pleasant stay. If I am nit picking, the breakfast got a bit repetitive, but was decent anyway.

Public park with walkways makes for an interesting attraction if you like being on the water. Taking an evening walk was one of the highlights of the trip. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Marshview is Quiet, Creekview has the Activity
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mathieu1018

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are so pleased to see how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We agree that the location of our Inn is perfect with it having a park and restaurants next door, as well as only being a 10 minute drive to downtown Charleston. We hope to see you visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Staff is very helpful, rooms are clean and the restaurant/ bar is a great place to eat and hangout. Enjoy by relaxing on your balcony watching paddle boarding, kayaking and boats coming in to dock. A park for the children is also nice by the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to let the staff know about the wonderful things you had to say and we hope to see you again in the near future!