See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2017

never again will i go by the pics this hotel had pics when it was first built. because what we got wasn't what we expected at all.Not to mention they have one and a half stars omg.i called it the bates motel i expected someone to jump out .it was creepy and only a handful of people stayed and i know why

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were very tired after driving from Philly and it was only an overnight stay. The only good thing was the towels and linen looked clean. The capet was soiled and there was a moldy smell permeating the room. Some of the paint work around the bathroom was dirty. We should have looked elsewhere but were about to drop but illustrates the old saying that you get what you pay for. I guess I should have known since when we were at reception and a guy was asking for his money back. He said the floor was warped and the room and the carpet smelled. At least the manager let me see our room before we booked. Stayed in the Baymont Inn motel travelling up and was 10x better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank lansdownemac
Reviewed 13 May 2010

This hotel needs renovations badly. A maintenance worker could repair small things such as light switches, etc. I feel that a manager, supervisor or employee should be on duty at all times just in case their is a problem. I would never stay at this hotel again. The location is terrible and the grass needs to be cut. The road to travel to the hotel needs to be repaved. I wanted to express my dissatisfication of the hotel after checking out and was told there was nobody available to speak to me. The hotel signs says that the hotel is under new management and hs newly renovated rooms. I was told that the same managers own the hotel and the rooms seem like they were built in the 1970s. The sign is misleading. Upkeep of the lawn is definitely needed. My refridgerator had mold in it. It was probably due to unplugging it to preserve energy. The sheets had stains in them looked like blood stains and the holes in the sheets were stitched. My towels also had a hole in it. I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND ANY ELSE TO.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sweetness01
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Myself and another race fan decided to stay here for the Darlington weekend. The sign said "new ownership" but the same person actually owned it. Ive stayed here before in the past and everything was ok back then. We overlooked the uncut grass in hopes that it was just a lazy groundsman responsible.

After gettin in from the night race at about 1am, we were beat of course. When we pulled back the sheets, my sheet had a cigarette hole in it, to make matters worse, there were spots over the sheets which could or couldnt have been dried semen. there was one spot on the sheet where it appears someone was trying to spot clean a dried blood spot. We did not sleep under the sheets of course. Being so late and tired. we just layed on top of the outer spread "snoopy style" The fridge in our room had mold in the door tray because they leave everything unplugged in hopes of saving electricity. The atrium style corridor was hot and smelly because they dont keep in air conditioned.

The next day as we went down to the front to expresss our displeasure...no one was in the lobby all of a sudden. there was phone outside mounted to the lobby window. we picked it up and someone answered, telling up that no one was there, to leave the key and remote in the hole in the window and thanked us and hung up.

• Stayed: May 2010