My initial reaction to The Sanctuary was "snooty" and "stuffy".
Over the next three days, my attitude changed to "lovely", "great service", "peaceful", "great food", "outstanding".
The Sanctuary is an outstanding, well managed property. Right on the sand, the beach is very nice. The pool is very nice. Everything is very nice. Costly, too.
We would return in a heartbeat.
Of note - the on-site restaurants are unusually excellent for a hotel or resort restaurants.
We absolutely loved Jasmine's Porch, their moderate-priced restaurant. Excellent, authentic, very tasty southern dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Hotel At Kiawah Island Golf Resort South Carolina