“Go Oceanfront Rooms- It is worth it !”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed 4 April 2012

First off , the Oceanfront rooms are the best- hands down. Spend the extra money- it is worth it ! They are more quiet and the view is amazing !
The breakfast bar is rolls,coffee, juice,some dry cereal, biscuits and gravy and sometimes fruit. We eat yogurt every day so we went to the supermarket after arriving and bought our own fresh fruit and yogurt which is no problem as the rooms all have mini fridges and microwaves which also help you save on your trip .
The room was very comfortable and clean and we had a balcony with a table and 2 chairs which we really enjoyed. There is a small pool on the 2nd floor with lounge chairs which is nice on a windy day.
Maid service is inconsistant and some days you get your room serviced ASAP and some days not until 3 pm.Never saw the same maid twice and we were there a number of days. The hotel is between 2 bars/restaurants. IF you are on the oceanside you do not hear either. The hotel clerks were all very friendly and helpful.
IF you are on the one" partial oceanview side" you get musical "entertainment" until 10 pm. also there are open corridors which the "music" empties into as well. So be advised that there will be SOME noise until 10 pm.We did not have any serious problems with noise although from time to time we did hear something from adjacent rooms. Parking is across the street and behind some of the shops. It is free until April 1 when there is a charge to park. The hotel was mainly populated with adults and families , there were no "spring breakers" which was fantastic!
We had a great vacation at the Palms and will stay there again as it has a good location with the restaurants close and right on the beach.

Room Tip: Go Oceanfront !
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank triptique
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

I certainly appreciate the time this guest took to write a reveiw for our hotel. I am especially happy to read that this guest will return to stay with us again. The ocean front rooms do have breath taking views. I am glad this guest enjoyed the view and more importantly, found their accommodations clean. I do apologize that the housekeeping service time differed. Unfortunately, that is possible due to them trying to get check-out rooms completed for the day's arrivals, so depending on how many check-outs there are, the time stay over rooms are serviced varies. Again, I appreciate this guest's feedback, and look forward to seeing them again in the future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Palms Oceanfront Hotel

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a great hotel but not what the website pictures. It is more mom and pop hotel than a fancy one. But that is exactly what I liked about it. The breakfast could use some work. But a bagel was good enough for me. My room was just average, nothing spectacular but for the price it was a welcome. I had a side balcony and it had a great view of the ocean. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and the location of the hotel could not be better. It’s like a three star hotel on a six star beach. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wannagoonvacationSc

I appreciate this guest's feedback. We don't try to advertise ourselves as a luxury hotel by any means. I always tell guests that if they want to have a simple vacation with clean accommodations, a beautiful location, a friendly knowledgeable staff, and without all the frills, we are the place to stay. I am glad this guest was satisfied with their stay and we look forward to seeing them in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have always enjoyed my many stays at the Palms Hotel, Isle of Palms, SC. The view of the ocean is breath-taking and the staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and always clean. There is plenty of parking and good shops and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Many Charleston attractions are just a short drive away from the hotel.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim T
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

The time this repeat guest took to write a review for us is very much appreciated. We are certainly happy to know that when they come to Isle of Palms, our property is their first choice for accommodations. The ocean views are breath taking, so we hope all that read this review come and experience the beauty, cleanliness, and friendliness The Palms Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

After booking I personally called to ask a few questions. Jared was more than helpfull and I'm excited about arriving... even though we've never booked this hotel. I will say the staff are very personable! Will re-post... and let you know how the actual stay was.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David T

We really appreciate this guest writing a review to inform us of service received before he even arrived! We certainly look forward to their visit, and can't wait to hear the feedback from their stay with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have just returned from a weekend stay at The Palms. It was a very disappointing experience.The pictures on the website look very inviting but that is not what we experienced. I was shocked at the condition of my room. The room was not very clean - greasy footprints from a previous guest greeted us as we walked into our room. We also saw hair on the floor of the toilet/shower room as well as the vanity area (I used a blow dryer to move it and it remained there during our entire stay). The breakfast consists of bagels, biscuits, gravy, 2 types of cereal, and oatmeal; no fruit or yogurt like most hotels provide with breakfast. We were part of a team that chose this hotel based on the website and I feel we were taken advantage of because this was hardly worth the cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Totellthetruth555
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

It is unfortunate that this guest did not find their accommodations satisfactory. This guest's comments have already been addressed with housekeeping. I do apologize for the condition of this guest's room. That is not indicative of the type of service our housekeepers typically provide. We do appreciate this guest providing their feedback. It helps us to make needed improvements or adjustments. We appreciate this guest's time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
13.5 km away
Belmond Charleston Place
Belmond Charleston Place
#13 of 61 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK