“Great food and views”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hudson's is Hilton Head Island's oldest and most famous restaurant with 50 years of casual dining experience and featuring fresh, local seafood and spectacular views of the Inter coastal Waterway.
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Although there was a long wait to be seated outdoors on a Friday night the food made it worth the wait. The service was great by Shannon - the shrimp was delicious the oysters were fresh and the specials were yummy. It was so good we decided to come back a second time. Even the fries are perfectly done. We learned that the concierge at the Marriott can help a bit so the wait wasn’t as long the second time. Nice sunset views as well.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (5,782)

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Didn’t know what to expect and was initially turned off by the crowd in the parking lot.....but the food was solid and the service excellent! We opted for an inside seat which was quicker than the outdoor wait. I ordered the standard seafood plattter which was good !

Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

My family went here due to so many people telling us it has the best seafood. Food was subpar and overpriced at best. The service was however exceptional!!! Our waitress is the only reason I give it a three. I would not fight the traffic and terrible parking for the experience.

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

My family and I have visited Hudson’s many times in the past while vacationing on Hilton Head. We were looking forward to our visit this year. We tried to arrive early (around 4:45) to get in quicker. Thankfully, within about ten minutes we were seated.
I ordered the crab cakes while my husband ordered the shrimp. He really enjoyed his shrimp. However, I was not pleased with the crab cakes. They were lacking in flavor and I found several large pieces of shell. I also thought my baked potato was not cooked nearly long enough. Service was good. A bit slower at times but they were busy both inside and out. While Hudson’s was enjoyable, it was not nearly as good as I remember in past years.

1  Thank caitlinmf
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

We have always enjoyed Hudson’s when vacationing in Hilton Head but was sorely disappointed this year. The food quality and service have unfortunately deteriorated. We were embarrassed to have brought family here after boasting about how good it was. Hopefully it can be corrected to pre-Covid standard.

1  Thank scjshirley