“One of the Best”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Visited mid week for a quiet evening and was pleasantly surprised. The wine, food and service were excellent. Had the scallops which were large and tasty plus the crème caramel for dessert was delightful. Other family had the Mahi and flounder and were also pleased. No doggy bags here as everything was consumed. A beautiful dinner with family.

1  Thank jgemza
Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Charlie's for dinner!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

What a great place for dinner. The food was fantastic and the service excellent. A new menu is prepared each day, so everything is really a special. Our server was very knowledgeable as to how each item was prepared, and was attentive without being noticeable. We both had seafood dishes, and the dishes were well prepared. The plates are served very hot, keeping the seafood warm the entire meal. A great place we will visit again!

1  Thank sellrd
Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you so much for choosing Charlie's for dinner, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Husband and I stopped for lunch. I had the Cobb Salad and he had the Shrimp Salad. Presentation was nice, ample amount of food for lunch. Very good flavor.

Very neat, clean and quiet. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Trenda B
Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for joining us for lunch, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This charming restaurant is perfect in every way-from the atmosphere, the menu, choices of wine and service. I found this on TripAdvisor and so glad we came here. From the good wine, to our choices of pate for a starter to the duck I had and the salmon my husband had , this was as good as any food we had in France at fine restaurants . Highly recommend. Note: If you like duck have this. Delicious!

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Charlie's for dinner!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Four of us ate here on Saturday night , February 10. This was during restaurant week , and two of us ordered from the special menu , and two from the regular menu . I ordered the Mahi , which was supposed to be the fresh catch of the day . Not only was it not fresh , but the filet was thin and overcooked - Unfortunately , as we were competing in the ACBL Bridge Tournament , I had no time to send it back !
Secondly , it was very obvious that those of us who ordered from the special menu, got 35% less food . ... making the dessert not an add on , after all . I would far rather have had the portion of fish ( if it was better ) that my friends ordered from the regular , and their twice my amount of potatoes .
Thirdly , , there is no excuse for not having authentic French baguettes! I I have been to Paris ,twice , Provence and all over the Riviera . I buy authentic baguettes for a nominal amount at Harris Teeter on Amelia Island , where I live .

2  Thank Dory310

Thank you for the feedback!