“Disappointed”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Four of us ate here on Saturday night , February 10. This was during restaurant week , and two of us ordered from the special menu , and two from the regular menu . I ordered the Mahi , which was supposed to be the fresh catch of the day . Not only was it not fresh , but the filet was thin and overcooked - Unfortunately , as we were competing in the ACBL Bridge Tournament , I had no time to send it back !
Secondly , it was very obvious that those of us who ordered from the special menu, got 35% less food . ... making the dessert not an add on , after all . I would far rather have had the portion of fish ( if it was better ) that my friends ordered from the regular , and their twice my amount of potatoes .
Thirdly , , there is no excuse for not having authentic French baguettes! I I have been to Paris ,twice , Provence and all over the Riviera . I buy authentic baguettes for a nominal amount at Harris Teeter on Amelia Island , where I live .

2  Thank Dory310
Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant with Parisian trained chef. Outstanding service. Family owned and run. You just can’t do better than here!

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for choosing Charlie's!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

What can I say, the atmosphere and food were spot on!!! The service is first class. Make reservations because it is always packed. I had the tuna and my husband had the salmon, we thought we would be getting tiny portions (french myth) instead we were pleasantly surprised.. unfortunately we did not have room for dessert!! next time!!

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

We are happy that you had a great experience, thank you for choosing Charlie's!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Called for a last minute reservation on a Sat night (during Restaurant Week) and were pleasantly surprised that we could secure one about 90 minutes from the time of the call. Decided to go early anyway, to have drinks and kill an hour at the bar. The hostess said she would call us if a table opened up earlier and to our great surprise about 15 minutes later we were sitting at our table.

Everyone we had interactions with in the restaurant was extremely professional and friendly. The menu has a large number of seafood selections at reasonable prices for the marketplace. Entree prices seemed fair to me given the ambiance, service and food presentation. Duck breast for $28.00, and the grouper special for the evening was $34.00 with appropriately sized portions. The escargot were wonderfully tender with just the right amount of butter and garlic. The grouper was prepared perfectly and the topping of caramelized onions a very unique and pleasant addition. The duck breast was great tasting and served a bit more on the rare side than we usually see so if you order the duck make sure to specify what you prefer.

The dessert flan was excellent and the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting tasty but just a little bit dry ...although I did eat it all :)

We look forward to returning as the menu has lot's of great offerings.

Thank you for the detailed feedback, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

So disappointed to write this review. Until now, I have only had great things to say about this restaurant . Two of us ordered the filet and my friend’s looked so different than the cut of beef I was served. His was round and thick and he loved it. Mine was an odd shaped piece of meat , and after my second bite it was clearly inedible- couldn’t even chew it. I hated sending it back- but no other choice. I had to sit there while everyone else ate, and ended up ordering fish. I ate half since everyone else was finished. We were comped a dessert which we didn’t really need. Honestly, it didn’t make up for my poor experience . The chef had to have known my dinner was not a filet - Again, I’m just so disappointed .

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your Filet Mignon, we did offer you another but was refused. We are disappointed as well!