“First Time Visit - Attentive Service and Excellent Food”

Charlie's L'Etoile Verte
Ranked #5 of 392 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Called for a last minute reservation on a Sat night (during Restaurant Week) and were pleasantly surprised that we could secure one about 90 minutes from the time of the call. Decided to go early anyway, to have drinks and kill an hour at the bar. The hostess said she would call us if a table opened up earlier and to our great surprise about 15 minutes later we were sitting at our table.

Everyone we had interactions with in the restaurant was extremely professional and friendly. The menu has a large number of seafood selections at reasonable prices for the marketplace. Entree prices seemed fair to me given the ambiance, service and food presentation. Duck breast for $28.00, and the grouper special for the evening was $34.00 with appropriately sized portions. The escargot were wonderfully tender with just the right amount of butter and garlic. The grouper was prepared perfectly and the topping of caramelized onions a very unique and pleasant addition. The duck breast was great tasting and served a bit more on the rare side than we usually see so if you order the duck make sure to specify what you prefer.

The dessert flan was excellent and the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting tasty but just a little bit dry ...although I did eat it all :)

We look forward to returning as the menu has lot's of great offerings.

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for the detailed feedback, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

So disappointed to write this review. Until now, I have only had great things to say about this restaurant . Two of us ordered the filet and my friend’s looked so different than the cut of beef I was served. His was round and thick and he loved it. Mine was an odd shaped piece of meat , and after my second bite it was clearly inedible- couldn’t even chew it. I hated sending it back- but no other choice. I had to sit there while everyone else ate, and ended up ordering fish. I ate half since everyone else was finished. We were comped a dessert which we didn’t really need. Honestly, it didn’t make up for my poor experience . The chef had to have known my dinner was not a filet - Again, I’m just so disappointed .

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your Filet Mignon, we did offer you another but was refused. We are disappointed as well!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The decor is casual,but reminds me of a bistro we visited in Paris. The waiter, Marcus, he was so good we remember him from our visit last year.
The potatoes were to die for,the rack of lamb was prepared to perfection. We are never disappointed. No matter what we order.

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for the feedback, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

A lovely French restaurant that has consistently good food and service for lunch and dinner. Excellent wine list. Special place for a special occasion.

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Charlie's!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Try the cob salad for lunch-- one feeds 2 people!
Great evening dining, with wide wine selection and changing specials at good prices

Margaux1982, General Manager at Charlie's L'Etoile Verte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Charlie's for lunch.